Reporting to the Director, Business Financial Centre, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is primarily responsible to source new business and new member opportunities. The BDM is also responsible for the advice, service delivery and risk management of a designated portfolio of business members and prospects. Working closely with other team members and the Director, Business Financial Centre, the BDM is committed to ensuring ACU Business Financial Centre's goals and objectives are met and that members receive personalized advice and seamless, quality service that meets or exceeds their expectations at all times. The BDM champions Assiniboine Credit Union's values based advice and service delivery culture and builds member relationships that add value and contribute positively to the credit union's growth and sustainability strategies and plans.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting personal business targets, planning business development activities and strategies to achieve aggressive goals.
- Proactively develop, nurture, retain and grow commercial member relationships by identifying and ensuring member needs are met and that the relationship contributes positively to the credit union.
- Proactively seek and identify new prospective syndicate partners for ACU, effectively collaborate with internal partners, negotiate and structure loan syndication terms and written recommendations for approval. Deepen relationships with existing syndicated lending partners to expand ACU's syndicate product recognition throughout the credit union system. Provide syndicated lending market intelligence and maintain awareness of the syndicated lending competitive environment.
- Manage an assigned loan portfolio by ensuring all products provided are in compliance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies and procedures. Responsible for actively pursuing new sources of profitable business loan and deposits business.
- Provide business banking consultation, for collecting and compiling information and analyzing financial and other information to assess credit and service requirements.
- Resolve problems and member complaints and referrals to ensure the needs of members, staff and the Credit Union are met by taking ownership of the issues and negotiating a win-win solution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Credit Union products, services and relevant policies and legislation.
- Stay current on members' industries and local and national events, which impact on our members' affairs.
- Act as a representative for the Credit Union and the Business Financial Centre by being visible in the community and using skills and experience to support community groups and initiatives.
- Monitor assigned portfolio, conducting credit investigations, security inspections and searches as required; release security on paid out loans, interpret loan reports and identify further action required to address problem areas such as pending delinquency, margin deficiencies, etc.
- Ensure profitability of loan through application and negotiation of interest rates, application and commitment fees, service charges, overdue interest, deposit rates and other non-credit services, within the parameters of the competitive marketplace and departmental policies and practices.
- Ensure an appropriate level of research analysis and information supports credit decisions and recommendations in order to keep allowances and loan losses at a minimum.
- Evaluate and approve commercial lines of credit, letters of credit, commercial mortgages, and other loan applications such as overdrafts within approved lending limits.
- Ensure all Credit Union policies and procedures pertaining to credit and other areas of the assigned portfolio are followed.
- Work collaboratively with other staff and management to develop and achieve organizational objectives, including participation in meetings, planning and training initiatives, sharing of information and ideas to ensure organizational success.
- Maintain familiarity with the Credit Union's history, mission statement, objectives and its role in the community.
- Demonstrate support for workplace-diversity and respectful workplace initiatives.
- Understand, respect and support ACU's commitment to values based banking.
- Employees are required to keep strictly confidential the affairs of anyone whose private information becomes available to them in the course of their duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelor's degree in business or finance with a minimum 10 years progressive experience in sales and service managing a diverse portfolio in a business banking environment. In addition, experience leading credit transactions greater than $5MM in a variety of industries and a proven track record of growth, business development, achieving service excellence and building strong trusted relationships with members is required. Commercial loan syndication experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, October 20, 2020. We thank everyone who applies but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work.