Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is looking for a fulltime Strategy & Business Planning Specialist to join our team in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Strategy & Business Planning Specialist?is a customer-centric, results oriented self-starter who will work closely with business stakeholders across the organization to support planning and execution initiatives that deliver short and long-term value, capitalize on industry trends and create an enterprise culture of fact-based decision making. A strategic and collaborative approach is key to be successful is this role, with responsibility for developing and assessing new concepts. Reporting to the Director, Strategy & Planning the incumbent will assist in all corporate planning activities and develop key internal and external communication tools. This role will be instrumental in mapping the future strategic growth of the Western Canada Lottery Corporation. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute knowledge of strategic planning frameworks and understanding of corporate priorities to strategic planning activities and develop communication pieces for internal and external stakeholders that drive engagement and alignment.
- Use a customer-centric approach to provide guidance to enterprise-wide strategy initiatives and strategy reviews identified as priorities for the Executive Leadership Team and/or the Board of Directors.
- Lead integrated strategic planning teams, leveraging the use of corporate research and Business Intelligence assets, encouraging fresh and innovative business opportunities and inspiring creative problem solving.
- Lead concept development and assessment including scope definition, strategic alignment, market needs, financial modelling and operationalization requirements by liaising with the Research Analyst and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Create key strategy and business planning documents used to facilitate discussions by the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, including creatively conveying data and analysis with charts, tables and other visuals in pre-read and presentation materials.
- Support the annual business planning processes and act as the subject matter expert in business case development and analysis.
- Assist in all corporate planning activities including regular performance updates to Executive Leadership Team.
- Investigate changes in performance with a collaborative approach and discovery mindset to uncover areas of opportunity and risk.
- Establish peer-to-peer relationships and regularly engage with internal and external stakeholders to document and develop responses to corporate risks, areas of opportunity, and ensure alignment between financial commitments and actual results.
- Assist with facilitating strategy workshops, synthesizing input from leaders across the organization and assessing concept viability.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting accountabilities, as it relates to elements of our strategic priorities and corporate objectives.
- Degree in Management or Business, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a business environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in strategy development, implementation planning, budget and resource planning, cross-functional initiative delivery and performance management.
- Proven success leading cross-functional project teams of varying scope.
- Demonstrated appreciation and application of research assets and information technologies, including Business Intelligence, in support of corporate goals.
- Training in strategy development, facilitation and project management.
- Experience in business case development and creating compelling business plans.
- Outstanding written and oral communications, engaging presentation delivery, and superior organizational skills.
- Creative, solution-focused problem solver, with the energy and tenacity to work through complex systems with multiple challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals and organizations from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with minimal direction, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Customer service and results oriented with demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient use of MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
WCLC is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and the Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the member provincial governments.
Our vision is to provide a world class lottery experience for our players, including innovative entertainment, convenient access to our products, and a positive experience when interacting with all we do. WCLC recognizes that it's our people that make this vision possible.
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity, and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and a good work-life balance.
Don't gamble with your career! Apply by October 18, 2020 at WCLC Careers.