Location: 2101 Fleming Rd, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4M 0A1
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
We're seeking an energetic and passionate Human Resource Business Partner to join our team at our Distribution Centre located at 2101 Fleming Road, Regina, Saskatchewan. The HRBP is a trusted partner to various business leaders by providing expertise in Human Resources and Labour Relations. They will be accountable for building and executing a DC specific HR strategy which will enable our colleagues to execute a world class supply chain operation and make the Distribution Centre a Great Place to Work. Our HR strategy will have emphasis on organizational culture, engagement, labour-management relations, employee relations and talent development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a team of two HR professionals that support a distribution centre operating with over 600 unionized and non-union colleagues
- Be an active member of a larger HR team that supports over 200,000 colleagues and employees in various divisions within the Loblaw Family of Companies
- Build and Execute strategic plans in partnership with site operational leads to enhance our organizational culture, team engagement, labour-management relations, employee relations, talent development, recruitment & retention, diversity & inclusion, colleague recognition and colleague communications
- Consult with business leaders on Labour Relations matters, interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement, guiding the life cycle of grievances within the DC environment, and promote & participate in joint labour/management relationships
- Advise and consult with people leaders and/or colleagues on issues around morale and general employee relations
- Assist people leaders and colleagues in the management of job performance including the development of corrective plans, disciplinary documents and termination
- Oversee and participate in the recruitment of high caliber candidates for all levels of positions to meet and anticipate future business needs
- Identify training opportunities and strategies to meet business needs utilizing appropriate training and development tools; guide the training process within the DC, and ensure group is compliant with training needs
- Ensures compliance with all employment related and labour legislation, and providing guidance when changes occur
- Manage the annual Rewards Cycle, including guiding business leaders through the performance management process, annual merit and short term incentive cycle and equity processes
- Participate and help lead larger project teams throughout the Supply Chains Operations network
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Equivalent combination of education and human resources experience; achievement of CHRP designation or post graduate degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of progressive HR experience with demonstrated knowledge in the area of client relation management
- Highly effective and persuasive personality, be a team player and leader and an excellent facilitator of action planning
- Must be strategic, have a good professional presence, and possess strong planning and organizational skills and experience leading projects.
- Ability to interact with all levels with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating, and influencing/negotiating skills
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including verbal communication skills, counseling skills, and listening skills, demonstrated across all levels of an organization
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Strong analytic skills and superior ability to problem-solve
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction
- Travel Required
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.