Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As a Field Marketing Manager in Service Provider, you will be responsible for crafting, implementing, and optimizing a marketing plan for Cisco’s service provider portfolio focused on driving awareness, insights, thought leadership, sales enablement, and demand. You will also be responsible for leading new product and solution introductions, working in cross-functional teams across the company.
Specifically, you will lead the development and execution of the Account Based Marketing strategy and plan for Bell Canada and T-Mobile. This will entail marketing to Service Provider as a customer and marketing with Service Provider as a Partner to end-customers.
The marketing strategy and plan will be developed in collaboration with members of the sales, channel teams and the broader Canadian, US and global marketing teams aligned to local and global priorities striving for measurable business impact.
You will have the following accountability:
- Provide leadership in a cross-functional team to develop and execute a service provider marketing strategy and plan for T-Mobile and Bell Canada, covering to customer marketing as well as thru/with partner marketing reaching end customers.
- Drive a Joint Marketing Plan with the targeted Service Provider partners (which entails working directly with the customer on joint marketing strategies, joint value propositions and plans to drive awareness, preference and demand for joint solutions in US, Canadian and international markets.
- Drive Cisco thought leadership and portfolio/ architectural solution awareness, preference and adoption along omnichannel buyer journeys
- Apply account based marketing (ABM) strategies and tactics
- Use data and analytics to determine actionable customer insights and trends leading to sales and marketing impact.
- Understand and apply a broad mix of marketing channels including digital and social media customer activation, live and online event execution, customer advocacy, influencer marketing etc.
- Drive execution of plans directly, through agencies, through the service providers and using Cisco´s marketing automation and digital platforms across multiple teams.
- Measurement and return on investment reporting of your plans according to marketing industry methodologies.
- Maintain strong and collaborative relationships with Service Provider marketing teams and regional marketing teams to ensure sharing of excellent practices and leveraging of resources.
Who You'll Work With
The SP Marketing Team is passionate about marketing not just to be creative, but to transform innovation into value for our Customers. This team is responsible for delivering world-class content and thought leadership, high touch Omni-channel campaigns that reach the customer in ways that encourage them to think differently. You will have a unique opportunity to join a team that is poised to take an established business to the next level, by anticipating Customer needs and delivering on the cutting edge. Our Customers are not just industry leaders but are redefining the world through the empowerment of technology - with Cisco by their side.
Who You Are
You have a clear understanding of the SP market or proven ability to learn market trends with respect to segmentation, product value propositions, competition, channels and products in the SP market. Your ability to synthesize market forces and sales strategy into a coherent marketing strategy is crucial.
You are able to manage sophisticated projects with multiple results, many of which come from other groups and teams. This requires the ability to develop a holistic view of deliverables, understand how these deliverables fit together and are dependent upon each other, modify the plan as schedules and deliverables change, and work with the extended team to ensure timely delivery of coordinated programs to the field and customers.
Your functional subject area knowledge includes thought leadership, demand generation, digital / social media channels, marketing analytics, program development and execution, and event strategy.
Minimum Requirements for this Role Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 5 or more years' experience in sales or marketing, ideally service provider industry
- Up to date knowledge of current tools and techniques for Marketing execution
- Strong leadership and influencing skills across virtual and global teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Marketing Excellence: experience in developing and executing successful account-based marketing strategies and plans
- Executive Presence and experience in influencing customers and partners
- Ability to synthesize information into simple yet memorable thought leadership pieces and localized copy. Writing capabilities for internal and external communications.
- Insights and Analytics skills to drive prioritized marketing actions
- Operations excellence and planning: Knowledge of DOMO, Tableau, Adobe analytics, SFDC and excel as means to measure your marketing results.
- Entrepreneurship and creativity - demonstrate a creative can-do attitude in a rapidly changing environment. Plus, enjoys taking risks, and is open to learning from experiences.
- Some travel required (<50% - once it is safe to do so)
- Service Provider business & technical knowledge - understand SP industry and trends, business models and networking technologies.
- Languages: English, + additional European language a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices. We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities. Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!