Title: Graphic Designer
- Toronto/GTA, Montreal, Ottawa are acceptable with occasional travel to Vankleek Hill
Since 2006 Beau's Brewing has been brewing interesting, tasty beer using the best ingredients and local spring water. We take pride in creating unique, and wonderful craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a true sense of friendly relationship. At Beau's, you are part of a team and part of a family. Our Brewery is one big family united by passion and a love of craft beer.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer with amazing conceptual and design skills to lead our design efforts, reporting to the Sr. Marketing Manager. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for creating innovative concepts, estimating and overseeing timelines, and ensuring everything that's delivered is to the highest quality and meets brand standards.
The Graphic Designer will be contributing to the continued success of Beau's Brewing Company and joining an award winning design department who have won awards from the Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB) Centre of Excellence, the Applied Arts Design Awards, and the Mondial de la Bière MBeer Design Contest.
- Work to develop creative concepts for new products, markets and digital platforms
- Communicate expectations of the artistic vision to the Marketing team in regards to quality and content through appropriate visual references
- Work with the marketing team to produce creative solutions and creative assets that are unique, strategic and award-winning
- Manage and work with the marketing team on projects related to package design, branding and identity, web design, editorial design, poster design, advertising design, product design, and more
- Responsible for ideation, development, and design of new product packaging, while remaining consistent with Beau's unique visual style
- Validate the work carried out by the team to ensure that quality objectives are met
- Communicate and present ideas to the team and larger company
- Assist the Marketing Department with new marketing concepts, initiatives and projects
- Help plan the design team's work in collaboration with project leads
- Deliver on design requirements related to the completion of larger marketing and company projects
- Create signage, posters, collateral materials and promotional items for licensees, special events and the retail environment
- Maintain database of images and artwork in a clear, organized and timely manner
- Update and maintain website content, which could include images and video, as well as design artwork for website and social media promotions, as requested
- Manage and prioritize the workload and projects of the design team on a daily basis
- Travel as required and perform other relevant duties assigned by the Sr. Manager, Consumer & Trade Marketing
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Completed a minimum of 3-5 years in Design, Art or Advertising at college or university level; and/or minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience in the design and interactive industry
- Knowledge / understanding of labeling guidelines for beer/alcohol in Ontario and Quebec an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- Advanced experience with Web Design (HTML & CSS), UX design, content analysis and Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Shopify, Squarespace)
- Experience with print production and ability to prepare a finished project for commercial printing
- Experience in building & maintaining brand guidelines and an understanding of the relationship between branding and the principles of design
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or quality
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and maintain a positive artistic culture
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Experience solving problems quickly and initiating projects, while taking a proactive and smart approach
- Experience working alongside content creators, marketers and other creative individuals
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Experience with the Google Drive suite of products and Basecamp considered an asset.
- Experience with bilingual design considered an asset
- Passion, integrity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to operating within a team environment that is rapidly changing required!
- Interacts with employees and management at all level
- Overtime and occasional domestic travel may be occasionally required
Beau's is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process
- just let us know with an email via Isarta, and we'll work with you to make sure your needs are met.
If the job description above sounds like you, please forward your resume and tell us about yourself in a creative cover letter via Isarta. We appreciate all applications; however only those that meet the qualifications will be contacted.