Location: Bowmanville, ON, CA, L1C 3Z8
Req ID: 19347
- Winter 2021
Education Level: University or College, minimum 2nd year completed
Location(s): Pickering and Bowmanville, ON
Number of Position(s): 2
Travel: Up to 10%
Deadline to Apply: October 14th, 2020
Opportunities are available to both co-op and developmental students.
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At Ontario Power Generation (OPG), our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don't change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass, gas and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
As Ontario's largest clean energy generator, OPG is committed to providing challenging opportunities in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Students will gain meaningful hands-on work experience that will complement their academic studies and offer insight into potential career paths. Students will be able to apply their knowledge, broaden their skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
OPG is excited to offer two (2) Corporate Communications Co-op/Developmental student opportunities with one being at our Bowmanville location and the other at our Pickering location. Please note that our Bowmanville/Clarington locations are not public transit accessible. Work terms are four (4) or eight (8) months and start in January 2021.
The compensation rate for these positions starts at $23.40 per hour and will commensurate with experience.
Opportunities are available for students in the following disciplines:
- Marketing and Media
- Digital Communications
- Public Relations
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions.
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
All students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time, post-secondary student in a recognized institution
- Have completed a minimum of 1st year at a University or College by the start of the opportunity.
- Have a minimum average of 70% cumulative GPA.
- Be returning to full-time studies in the same program following the completion of the work term OR require the work term or co-op placement to graduate.
- Possess excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional teams.
- Be proficient in the MS Office Suite of products including: Word, PowerPoint
Submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 p.m. E.S.T., October 14, 2020. Students must apply online and through their school's own portal, if applicable, and must be eligible to work in Canada. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript uploaded as one file under CV.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants who attach an unofficial transcript.
OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. As a precondition of employment, OPG will require a prospective candidate to submit a security clearance application and provide documents to confirm eligibility prior to their start date. Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the student's responsibility.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Ontario Power Generation