lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team
As part of the global communications team, this role reports into the Manager, Internal Communications and will be responsible for crafting clear and engaging internal communications across a wide range of subjects and channels. You are a key point of contact for cross-functional partners from across the business. You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are able to meet time-sensitive deadlines. As Global Internal Communications Specialist, you are a compelling storyteller. Supporting integrated communications strategies, your work involves change and crisis communications, fostering two-way dialogue with our executive team, and ensuring information is shared with our employees in a timely and considered way. Operating with a global mindset, you know that communication plays a crucial role in employee engagement and you're always looking at new ways to innovate.
A day in the life
- Craft internal communications for a global audience including (but not limited to) weekly newsletters, change management communications, presentations and speaking notes, editorial stories and intranet blog posts, and executive messages
- Package communications in a clear and visual way through engaging presentations and graphic design
- Create and execute communications project plans, timelines, and defined deliverables that shape our culture, drive engagement, and deliver results
- Lead the creation of internal videos, including storyboarding and script writing, prepping speakers and working with external vendors
- Support the execution of employee events, forums and Town Halls to create space for two-way dialogue and development Qualifications
- Have a post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or related field, and three (3) to five (5) years professional experience in internal/corporate/employee communications
- Outstanding writer and storyteller with a talent for crafting a range of content including technical, change communications and inspirational
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience in a fast-paced and unpredictable environment; ability to work well under tight timelines
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate within a team
- Graphic and web design skills an asset
- Experience working with global teams is an asset Must haves
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.