CDC offers MRI, CT, Ultrasound 2D/3D and 4D real-time, Mammography, Pain Management, Bone Densitometry, Fluoroscopy, X-Ray and Kids Imaging services across 16 community clinics in Calgary, Edmonton, Okotoks and Sherwood Park.
This position reports to the Manager, Practitioner Relations & Marketing and will liaise with external practitioners and healthcare professionals to encourage the creation of meaningful relationships, provide education on
services offered, and generate patient referrals within a defined territory.
Posting closes Wednesday October 21, 2020
- Establish and maintain loyal, long-term relationships with practitioners and other external clients to build regional business through medical referrals and new partnerships
- Conduct scheduled visits to practitioners' offices, providing education on services available to their patients
- Conduct lunch & learns with practitioners' offices
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Canada Diagnostic Centres services to be able to respond to practitioner/client requests or questions while in the field
- Monitor competitor activity and share findings to the Marketing team
- Collaborate with Marketing team to build and implement strategies to grow and maintain our referral sources
- Represent the company at external events including tradeshows, events and conferences related to the medical and diagnostic imaging fields
- Promote campaigns, advertisements and sponsorship opportunities developed by the Marketing team and distribute promotional materials
- Participate in additional projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Minimum 3 year's experience in a Business Development role
- Direct experience in a health-related industry and proven understanding of the primary healthcare system is an asset
- Ability to travel locally up to 90% of the time
- Current Driver's License and vehicle required
- Strong time management, organizational, oral, and writing communication skills
- Work well individually and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively work with patients, practitioners, management and peers
- Existing relationships with practitioners is an asset
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM programs, preferably Salesforce Canada Diagnostic Centres is committed to attracting and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. While we encourage all applicants to apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.