The Performance Marketing Specialist reports into the Senior Manager, Global Marketing
This position will help grow our marketing lead pool to generate sales as well as build brand awareness and interest in our key markets and target demographics. They will be managing a media & search budget ensuring that we are delivering extraordinary results at an efficient cost. They will be responsible for reporting on the performance of our campaigns, budget management, forecasting our KPIs, and delivering insights to key stakeholders as well as lead in the development/implementation of advanced analytics and digital attribution.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Paid Media (Social & Display)
- Help develop and execute the paid media strategy for Rocky Mountaineer, to support growth in RM's key markets
- Manage and execute all aspects of biddable media campaigns, and ad testing
- Analyze and assess the performance of campaigns, and translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights. Provide recommendations for revising campaign strategy, action the changes as needed, and inform stakeholders
- Regularly monitor budgets for performance of paid ads based on CPC & CPA targets to ensure optimal performance throughout the year
- Work with key stakeholders to set-up tests and experiments to identify new and alternative ways to grow our audience, to help reach our marketing objectives and goals
Search Marketing (Paid Search and Organic)
- Responsible for executing on the vision & strategic direction for SEM (both paid search and SEO initiatives), including overall budget and category prioritization
- Analyze and assess the performance of SEM campaigns, and translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights, make recommendations for revising campaign strategy, action the changes as needed, and inform stakeholders.
- Work with Partnership Marketing team to ensure trade partners adhere to the company's keyword bidding policy
- Manage relationship with external stakeholders including agency partners, Google and Bing while working internal stakeholders to create and refine audiences
Reporting & Analytics
- Responsible for management of Google Analytics implementation and ongoing innovation of the tool
- Act as a key resource within the marketing function to help determine the effect/impact of any marketing activities on sales
- Manage the Google Tag Manager environment to keep it organized and effective; assess and approve third party pixel requests.
- Ensure tracking pixels are firing at the right places on our website.
- Ongoing quality control of the analytics and tracking of data to the website
- Create dashboards, reports, and generate valuable insights to the wider organization on any marketing related efforts.
- Work alongside various stakeholders from Marketing and Sales to forecast our KPIs to determine goals for campaigns and future years.
Agency and Project Management
- Attend weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reporting calls with agency partners to assist in assessing and optimizing performance our search, analytics platform, and paid media.
- Work alongside agency partners on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, performance reporting, and competitive/landscape intelligence
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments (Data & Insights, HR, Guest Experience, and Marketing teams) to communicate digital marketing campaigns scheduled activity
- Manage and track a multi-million-dollar budget to ensure we are spending our media dollars effectively and efficiently
- Manage working relationships with internal departments, clients, partners, etc.
- Manage scope of work and assist in negotiating yearly SOW agreements
Education, Certification, Licenses
- Post-secondary education in marketing or related area of study or relevant experience
- Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and other paid search platforms certifications (desired)
- Completion of Google Analytics Academy courses for Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (desired)
- Minimum 5+ years online marketing experience
- 5+ years' experience managing campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and other biddable platforms.
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing data, preparing reports and recommendations
- Expert analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills, including conducting research, analyzing data, developing hypotheses, and synthesizing recommendations
- Expert knowledge of Excel or similar tools to help transform and manipulate data to report on it in a meaningful way
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to guide analysis and implementation
- Advanced knowledge of the latest Google paid media tools and platforms
- Strong written communication skills
- Advanced ability to learn new systems and tools quickly and high computer literacy
- Knowledge of design programs, such as Illustrator and Photoshop (desired)
- Knowledge of Power BI (desired)
- Ability to think globally and creatively to quickly develop solutions to challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple projects and timelines while being detailed-oriented.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to drive media performance while working with brand stakeholders to maintain brand integrity of messaging
- Strong project management and budget management ability
- Strong work ethics with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Data driven when making decisions
- A thirst for knowledge and always keep up with the latest digital trends to sharpen your digital skills.