IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $173.2 billion in total assets under management as of August 31, 2020. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
As part of a national Corporate Communications team, the Senior Specialist, Corporate Communications will develop and implement strategic communications for IGM Financial, including both IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments.
The individual will work collaboratively with management and business leads to develop effective communication strategies, ensuring consistent use of key messages across a range of activities and tailoring these messages toward specific audiences, with a focus on IG Wealth Management's network of 3,000+ financial professionals.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the editorial direction of the team and will use his/her superior writing skills to draft and edit content for a range of internal and external audiences.
- Communication strategy development and planning
- Work with business stakeholders to develop targeted, integrated, creative communications plans that effectively engage audiences and are aligned with industry best practices
- Work with his/her manager and other team members to ensure campaigns/plans are moving forward in a timely manner and are addressing the needs of internal stakeholders.
- Consultation with business leads and senior management
- Provide expert communications advice and recommendations to business counterparts.
- Serve as communications representative on various working committees.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with marketing counterparts to develop and recommend integrated engagement strategies.
- Writing and editing
- Create content and manage approvals for a variety of external and internal materials, with a focus on communicating to the company's 3,000+ financial advisors. The individual will also be involved in drafting press releases, media pitches, speaking notes, video scripts, materials for web conferences, designed collateral, and web pages.
- Manage content delivery, including translation, design, digital and multimedia requirements as needed.
- PR & Media Relations
- Contribute to IGM Financial's ongoing media relations campaign by developing interesting and creative pitch angles, drafting media materials, liaising with target editors/journalists to develop/strengthen relationships and pitching story ideas.
- 6+ years' experience in a corporate communications environment, preferably with direct experience within the financial services industry.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications campaigns for both internal and external audiences.
- A proven track record in the area of media relations and a strong understanding of how to integrate social media into PR campaigns.
- Strong and versatile writer who can balance corporate tone with attention-grabbing storytelling.
- Exceptional editing skills.
- Proactive, creative mindset favouring partnership, innovation and the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the business
- Experience in using Adobe Analytics and other measurement tools to refine and enhance the impact of communications.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Ability to engage with management confidently.
- Strong technical skills and aptitude for content management and layout programs. Basic HTML knowledge an asset.
- Experience working with an internal or external agency for design, digital and multimedia work.
- Demonstrated interest in communications industry best practices an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications or Public Relations.
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by October 22, 2020. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 20-115