My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking a Communications Specialist for the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project located in Ottawa, Ontario . This position will support PCL's Joint Venture project portfolio of internal and external communication activities, products and initiatives.
- Provides advanced editing and proofreading support.
- Writes clear, concise business communications that are tailored to the right audience and grammatically sound. Provides recommendations on the appropriate communication medium.
- Participates in project strategic-planning process. Assists with the development and execution of project/initiatives as assigned.
- Creates and maintains communication plans and related initiatives, and ensures they are measurable.
- Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs external communications tactics as required.
- In cooperation with our client, develops social media content and understands social media platforms and audience preferences. Identifies potential risks on social media.
- Identifies opportunities for PCL/ED to be thought leaders in speaking opportunities, articles, etc.
- Monitors local media-relations efforts and acts as support for crisis communications.
- Develops relationships with media, hosts media tours, etc. that result in positive media stories for the project.
- Works collaboratively with creative professionals to create visual communications.
- Leads events and provides communication and logistic coordination.
- Provides communications consultation to peers, middle management, and some executives.
- Creates internal communications plans tied to project goals and executes tactics.
- Coordinates and manages media and VIP tours of Centre Block site
- liaises with project staff to arrange for routing, logistics, HSE etc.
- Acts as key point of contact for any ATIP requests.
- Other duties as required.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in a communications role.
- Ability to create and execute a communications plan.
- In-depth understanding of the various communications mediums.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Writes clear, concise, audience-focused content that is grammatically sound.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to apply visual communications assets.
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft Office Suite and other specialized software as required.
- Exhibits a high level of detail orientation, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Working knowledge of data analytics.
- Ability to research, analyze, and organize information accurately and effectively.
- Ability to understand the company's business objectives and effectively apply them.
- Seen as and acts as a trusted communications advisor to peers, middle management, and some executives, with the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential information.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and sound decision making.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and various social media platforms.
- Eligible for security clearance (Secret-Top Secret Level).
- Bilingual in English and French is mandatory.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
Employee Status: Regular Full-time
Job Level: Experienced Professional
Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2020, 7:11:14 PM
Closing Date: Ongoing
Job: Communications Specialist