Department : Creative
Job Title: UI Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
Arctic Leaf Inc. is a US and Canadian based UI/UX design and development agency that specializes in E-Commerce and web-based application services. Our bottom-of-the-funnel focus separates us from other agencies in the market, and thus are struggling to keep up with demand! We are looking for an addition to the team who is flexible and enjoys working with others in a team-oriented environment.
Having recently gone through a merger, we have consistently grown year over year, and we are looking to maintain this growth, the ideal candidate will possess the desire to assist in this growth and collaborate on different trends to identify key strengths and opportunities.
The company is looking for a UI Designer. Are you a designer with strong digital skills and UX sensibilities looking for a variety of agency work? Do you have at least 2 years' experience as a digital designer and a passion for e-commerce? Here's the opportunity you've been waiting for! Arctic Leaf Inc. is a rapidly growing marketing and development agency specializing in e-commerce and custom applications. The individual we are looking for must be creative, talented, bubbling with enthusiasm and have a passion for crafting memorable digital journeys.
This position is a full-time position. They would work closely with other members of the design team as well as the Creative Director.
NOTE: 2-5 year commitment preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- World-class training and resources.
- Mature business process framework and infrastructure so that you can hone in on your own skills and what you do best.
- The position includes paid time off. PTO accrues and is made available after successful completion of the probationary period.
- The position includes health benefits which are made available after 60 days.
- This position includes a bonus program.
NOTE: Starting pay varies and depends on experience.
- Design shopping experiences across a diverse range of industries that delight customers and drive sales.
- Working with clients and the team to create a design vision for each project.
- Working with clients' brands to ensure our work is on-brand.
- Performing all aspects of the digital design process including brainstorming, mood boards, visual layouts, and design mockups.
- Maintain awareness of Design/UX industry trends and best practices and provide strategies and ideas for ongoing improvements.
- An open mind and exceptional creativity.
- Thorough understanding of the creative process from wireframe to development.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate your creative process, thoughts, ideas, and a point of view on your work with clients and front end developers.
- Strong understanding of web and mobile best practices and trends.
- Have deep empathy for the user and their needs.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of color theory, layout, and design principles.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- An exceptional portfolio highlighting your design thinking with demonstrated experience in both interaction and visual design. **Portfolio submissions must be up to date.**
- Two years of related experience.
- Experience in the e-commerce design space.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator (icon and logo creation in particular).
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop (digital artwork assets creation).
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end iterative design process including design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modeling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centered design solutions.
- InVision or other prototyping platforms.
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Sketch or other prototyping software.
- E-Commerce design.
- Email template design.
- Accessibility standards.
- Usability best practices.
- Creating annotated wireframes.
- Creating clickable prototypes.
- Working understanding of CSS/HTML.
- Print design (Adobe InDesign).
- Photo editing (Adobe Lightroom).
- High School Diploma (Required).
- Bachelors in Relevant Field (Preferred).
Other InformationYou are passionate about :
- Modern digital design.
- Design-led development.
- Delighting users and clients with design.
- Solving design problems.
- User-centered designs.
- Sweating the details of interaction design.
- Collaborating with team members.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends