Multiple Locations (Please check posting details)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Moose Jaw Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Administrative Offices, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus
Open Until Filled
Category of work
Hours of Work
Regulated 36 hours (5/4 work pattern)
- $2,652.96 bi-weekly
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
72 hours biweekly
This position is currently working remotely due to COVID-19 precautions.
JOB DUTIES/QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES(QSA)
1. Marketing. Develop and implement marketing plans for assigned program clusters, ensuring that these individual plans align and integrate with Saskatchewan Polytechnic's business objectives and its corporate marketing and communications plan.
2. Media relations. Identify and capture opportunities to achieve Saskatchewan Polytechnic marketing and communications goals through public relations initiatives. Write press releases and backgrounders. Assist spokespersons in the development and delivery of key messages. Maintain a positive working relationship with members of the local media.
3. Special events. Plan special events including news conferences.
4. Employee communications. Contribute to the development and implementation of campus and SaskPolytech-wide internal communications initiatives, working with the manager of communications and the mySaskPolytech (intranet) editor.
5. Advertising. Develop and implement multi-media, in-province and out-of-province advertising campaigns. Write copy, facilitate and approve layout, book space, monitor bookings, analyze and report on results.
6. Special projects. Contribute to the development and execution of marketing and communications plans for SaskPolytech-wide initiatives.
7. Crisis communications. Serve as a key communications contact for crisis communications at the campus. Work with the crisis management team and with the M&C colleagues to ensure effective and efficient handling of crisis communications internally and externally.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Marketing diploma or commerce degree specializing in marketing, or equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
2. Three years of experience in a marketing position (must include strategic marketing).
3. Demonstrated and proven creativity and innovation in the development of targeted marketing, message development and delivery.
4. Solid computer skills and familiarity with multi-media applications related to electronic and print publications.
5. Superior organizational skills and the ability to work diplomatically in cross-functional teams, managing multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced, team environment with minimum supervision.
6. Exceptional research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
7. Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
8. An understanding of media operations.
9. An understanding of the issues related to marketing in remote areas and to Aboriginal peoples.
10. Demonstrates valuing diversity.