Public Information Officer II
- Communications Officer
2021 August 28
Job Number : 39573
**This posting is for one (1) full-time temporary position ending on or before August 28 2021**
- The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, creative communications specialist with excellent written and verbal communication skills to work with Corporate Communications. The major responsibilities of this position include:
- Planning, managing and implementing public relations strategies, including but not limited to special events and community liaison initiatives.
- Researching, planning, managing, writing, editing, and/or contributing to communication products, such as newsletters, presentations, speeches, question and answer documents, fact sheets, brochures, annual reports, etc. for internal and external audiences.
- Planning, organizing and executing media availabilities, including preparing key messages, backgrounders, etc. and briefing all participants.
- Coordinating the development of advertising campaigns for communication strategies developed by Corporate Communications including managing the development of ads and placement of media buys, assessing the needs of internal clients and developing advertising material to satisfy communication goals.
- Assisting with the strategic planning for EPS' web presence, including coordinating and developing content on the EPS internet and intranet sites in conjunction with internal and external partners.
- Planning issues management and crisis communications strategies.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- University graduation in communications, public relations, or related discipline AND a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position OR Diploma in a communications, public relations or a related field AND a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position.
- Experience in media relations, including coordinating news conferences, writing and preparing news releases/success stories, providing and/or coordinating interviews for all forms of media and collaborating with partnering agencies.
- Demonstrated special event planning and implementation experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication/public relations strategies.
- Effective planning and organizational skills and able to work with minimum of supervision.
- Practical experience in a police environment is an asset.
- Must be prepared to participate in competency testing.
- THE EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT A SECURITY CLEARANCE CHECK ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
HOURS OF WORK:
33.75 hours per week, between 0800
- 1600 hours, Monday
- Friday. Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program.
21M, Salary Grade: 044, $43.38
- $54.67 (Hourly), $2,928.40
- $3,690.30 (Bi-Weekly), $76,431.76
- $96,316.63 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: DZ
Classification Title : Public Information Officer II
Posting Date : Oct 8, 2020
Closing Date : Oct 22, 2020 11:59:00 (MST)
Number of Openings (up to) : 1
- Temporary Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department : Edmonton Police Service
Work Location(s) :
TD Tower, 10088 102 Avenue NW
Edmonton T5J 2Z1