Location: 2 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1X8
Fresh Style. Fresh Careers. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and Joe Fresh Beauty® cosmetics. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
As an Intermediate Graphic Designer you will be responsible for developing design deliverables that elevate, differentiate, and function on-brand and on-strategy. We are looking for someone with exceptional creative and technical skills, who can handle multiple projects at once, in addition to helping manage and lead a team of graphic and production designers.
- Interact with all functional groups to maintain optimum communication between teams.
- Lead design sessions and contribute through creative concepts and creative input. Be involved in conceptualization and design of graphic applications from concept to completion.
- Create designs that are consistent with our brand guidelines. Be accountable for brand consistency across creative assets.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the broader Marketing team to support design needs and ad-hoc requests.
- Present design solutions to key stakeholders.
- QA design build-outs and provide necessary feedback for successful and accessible customer-facing output.
- Be detailed in your organization of projects. This includes management of project briefs, awareness of project specs, deadlines, files, etc.
- Balance and manage workload according to the established business priorities and timelines.
- Provide mentorship, supervision and leadership support to graphic and production designers.
- 4-6 years in graphic design industry
- A strong portfolio illustrating print and digital-based work
- packaging experience is an asset (only candidates with a portfolio will be considered)
- Ability to lead by example & articulate concepts to the design team
- Knowledge of web design and accessibility best practices, including image optimization, responsive design
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience designing marketing and editorial content for fashion is an asset
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.