At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 month work term (internship) commencing January 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
You will work with IBM Canada's Summit Leader to manage the vitality sales hiring program. This includes assisting in the management, organization and running events for the full-time sales and elite internship program. Collaborating with IBM sales, technical, executive, human resources, financial, and other support resources to continuously enhance the Summit Program.
Grow your skills and knowledge in emerging trends in the IT industry, and IBM's market leading cloud & cognitive solutions for enterprises. You will have the opportunity to develop your business skills and consultative sales techniques to provide real client value, influence decisions, and meet business requirements in a fast-paced and ever- changing environment with a diverse group of people.
- Strategic planning for Summit Sales program which includes training events, initiatives and ongoing tracking of the Summit program
- Collaborate, network and facilitate events with senior executives and sales leaders across IBM Canada
- Market the IBM Summit Program by collaborating with universities & student groups to find top talent
- Excellent project management skills that will be utilized throughout the year to manage projects around recruitment, program management and marketing
- Consult and provide recommendations to the Summit Program Leader on candidates to be selected for internships
- Provide leadership and program guidance to Summit Interns across the country
- Opportunity to learn & work with IBM's sales leaders on client meeting preparation, strategic sales initiatives, attending client calls & overall consultative sales techniques
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Interest in pursuing a sales career in the technology industry
- Aptitude to learn
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated a passion for Project Management skills by managing and executing on multiple projects
- Understanding of information technology & its strategic business value is an asset
- A passion for coaching and mentoring
- Understand & use of innovative selling technologies to network, engage clients (e.g., analytics, social media) is an asset
- Proven strong attention to detail, analytical, time management & event planning skills
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
ABOUT BUSINESS UNIT
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
BEING YOU @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.