Central Alberta Co-op is here to serve our members and customers with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business, being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. We live where you live, work where you work and help grow the economy right here.
Working out of our Crossfield Agro location our team is looking for two full-time Agro Sales Representatives.
Full-time: 40 hours/week. Benefit eligible after 3 months.
Availability requirements: 8:00 AM
- 5:00 PM Monday to Friday. Seasonal weekends and evenings.
- Provide excellent customer service,
- Develop a customer base within assigned market for agri-products and services.
- Develop and execute sales programs within assigned market area to meet or exceed budgeted agri-product sales and margins.
- Keep informed with competitor activities within the market area.
- Scan and interpret the database and share relevant information (trends, market needs, business opportunities) with team members.
- Analyze current and future agricultural trends and service needs and develop and implement strategies to create opportunities.
- Actively pursue and encourage petroleum sales.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with current and potential customers.
- Recommend programs and services to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Contact producers on farm based customer strategies in order to increase awareness of customer's business needs.
- Assist customers to make farm production and marketing decisions.
- Other duties as required by the manager.
- Knowledge of grain handling equipment (grain bins, augers, etc.),
- Knowledge of crop inputs (chemical, fertilizer, seed, fuel),
- CCA designation is an asset,
- Agricultural sales/experience is an asset,
- Strong problem-solving skills,
- Strong self-motivation,
- Ability to work independently and in a team,
- Must provide a clean driver's abstract at interview.
Central Alberta Co-op is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for advancement and personal growth and benefits, depending on employment status. We are COR certified and committed to providing our team members and customers a safe working and shopping environment.
This posting will remain open for a minimum of 1 week to October 20, 2020, and then open until filled. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and three work-related references. You may also upload your driver's abstract at this point. If for any reason you have difficulty uploading documents please fill out the Work Experience and Education sections.
Successful candidates must provide government-issued proof of SIN prior to hiring (e.g. SIN card, Confirmation of SIN, Notice of Assessment, Child Tax Benefit, Official National Student Loans Service Centre Receipt for Income Tax Purpose).
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.