The senior manager of communications will be a part of the wider Commercial Communications and Corporate Affairs team and will serve as an ambassador, spokesperson and representative for Thomson Reuters. He or she will be part of a team that drives corporate brand awareness, product adoption/retention and protects the company's reputation across all audiences and channels.
The person in this role will act as a key point of contact for our social impact, brand awareness, product, and reputation campaigns. He or she must have the experience and enthusiasm for communications to think proactively, collaborate effectively, and have a positive can-do personality to advise internal clients on communications strategies and initiatives.
The primary role of this individual will be to support external and internal communications efforts around our corporate brand and social impact activities, as well as have a collaborative working relationship with the Thomson Reuters Foundation to support the appropriate cross promotion of our activities. Equally, the individual collaborates with our marketing and digital teams, to develop a consistent message for Thomson Reuters across our platforms and tied directly to our business.
The individual will identify and develop new media relationships, as well as craft media materials and conduct strategic, creative media relations. The individual will be adept at social media management and engagement, with the skills to develop engaging content and support our efforts to manage our corporate social media handles, and dedicated content on our corporate website.
This individual is a true team player, willing to cross both internal and external communications and pitch in where needed most. The role will report to a director within the Commercial Communications and Corporate Affairs team and will include occasional broader responsibilities across the communications function.
The role encompasses many elements including, but not limited, to:
- Works closely with a director of communications to support corporate affairs, commercial, brand awareness, and social impact activities and will create internal and external communications programming to drive change and enhance the reputation of the business
- Assists with the development and execution of strategic PR plans, handle media inquiries and drive external opportunities through earned and sponsored placements
- Coordinate PR activities for media events, trade shows, key conferences
- Promotes and markets products, in partnership with colleagues in other functions and across the business
- Has vision and passion for the ongoing development of Thomson Reuters corporate social media, influencer programs, media engagements, employee advocacy and more
- Utilizes social media platforms to enhance and expand media reach, working effectively with both the marketing and digital teams to support brand awareness and corporate reputation
- Supports a diverse set of internal and external communications projects. Drafts speeches, news releases, blog posts, employee announcements, reports, white papers, scripts, etc.
- Issues management support, by assisting with the formation and delivery of key messages around planned and unplanned issues impacting the reputation of the business
- Media list development, media analysis and monitoring of relevant company, competitor and industry coverage and activity
- Consults with sales, marketing, social impact institute, and HR in order to develop and deliver corporate messages to both external and internal mediums.
- Acts in a professional manner and in the company's best interests at all times
To meet the challenge, the ideal candidate you should possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience in communications, journalism or related role
- Agency, government, or large-scale corporate background preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the financial services, media or information technology markets advantageous
- Proven experience advising senior executives, and supporting them at external events
- media, conferences, sponsorships, customer engagements
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital communications and marketing tools (i.e., social media, web and mobile platforms, data analytics, etc.)
- The ability to direct, align, inform and influence senior leaders and others to execute a digital communications strategy
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to take complex subject matter and distill it into creative storytelling copy
- Must be an excellent writer, have solid public relations credentials and demonstrable experience driving long-term brand, product and corporate reputation campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects to accomplish commercial objectives of the business
- Familiarity in dealing with confidential financial information
- Proven experience handling employee-related communications
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- Strong attention to detail
- ensures accuracy of communications
- Skilled at planning, project management and time management
- Additional languages advantageous
- Superior interpersonal and team-building communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate across boundaries and across business teams
- Action oriented and results driven
- Commercial and business orientation
- Sense of humor
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services
- Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America