To lead, develop, and implement comprehensive competitive and corporate strategies for the OBU in domestic and international markets to deliver near-term and future growth.
The Vice-President, Business Development, will lead efforts to develop, define and implement this collaborative strategy, including market analysis, market presentation and key collaborative opportunity pursuits.
The Vice-President, Business Development will work as part of the OBU Senior Leadership Team and closely with the SBU Vice-President, Business Development to ensure the leadership and culture enables the organization to exceed its goals.
Lead the Business Development functional organization across the Sonar Systems OBU.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead the Strategy Development to deliver long-term growth and value creation for the OBU, in-line with the overall SBU and corporate strategy.
- Lead the development of the market intelligence, competitive intelligence and pricing, business development and marketing communications functions; championing best practice and setting clear expectations of the approach, standards of performance and behaviors expected in their execution.
- Working closely with the VP, Finance, ensure the accuracy of order forecasting and reporting.
- Promulgate Ultra and Maritime SBU vision, strategies, goals and initiatives throughout the OBU and ensure the strategic alignment of SBU and OBU strategies.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of functional personnel while coordinating with appropriate dotted line Functional SBU/Group Leaders for career development, performance objective setting and compensation, and implementation of Functional Strategy.
- Represent Ultra and develop relationships at senior levels with strategic customers, government bodies and partner companies for the OBU.
- Lead and provide operational oversight of the OBU Marketing Communications function and ensure close working relationships with the SBU Marketing Coordinator and Head of Investor Relations/Internal Communications team.
- In conjunction with the OBU CTO and Finance Director, ensure that the right investments are made to support the OBU strategy.
- Research and analyze current segment markets for market volume and growth, customer need, technology development and competition. Evaluate and recommend adjacent markets as targets for pursuit.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the business development process including pursuit plans (game plans) and CRM.
- Work collaboratively with the SBU VP, Business Development to facilitate the development of business development talent across the OBU.
- Identify targets for acquisition which support the SBU/OBU strategy and work collaboratively with the SBU VP, Business Development on the acquisition process and due diligence in line with Group governance.
- Ensure that the OBU adheres to the Group Operating Manual and other Group processes and guidelines related to business development.
- Uphold, safeguard and promote Ultra's values and philosophy, particularly concerning accountability, ethics, integrity, security regulations, and corporate responsibility in accordance with company guidelines.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to obtain a government secret security clearance in country of residence.
- Frequent national and international travel.
- Significant experience of senior level business development or business management.
- Demonstrable experience of market analysis; strategic planning and execution; business development and marketing relevant to the OBUs core markets.
- Working knowledge of five eyes acquisition program offices. Demonstrated knowledge of contracting regulations/legislation with relevant government contracting organizations.
- Masters and/or MBA an advantage, or equivalent capability and experience.
- Willing to work under pressure and prioritize.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office products.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Ultra Electronics, Maritime delivers advanced underwater battlespace capabilities to the Royal Canadian Navy and other allied navies around the world. We provide systems that keep sailors safe and that maximize mission effectiveness through underwater information advantage.
Maritime designs, manufactures, and supports full variable depth sonar systems, specialized towed array modules for sonar and torpedo defense applications and deployable high-power acoustic projector and receiver systems. We are also recognized as a global leader in the design and manufacturer of surface-launched and air-launched expendable acoustic sensor systems.
Maritime lives by Ultra Electronics' mission to "innovate today for a safer tomorrow".
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
Maritime offers a competitive salary, benefits package including 100% employer paid dental and health care premiums, life insurance, 5% matched RRSP, Bonus Plan, vacation trading, an EFAP, and flexible working hours.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from Women, Aboriginal Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities