Location: Markham, Ontario
JOB DESCRIPTION :
What is the role?
The Email Marketing Specialist will begin work on supporting the growing email programs with Pet Valu Canada, and will be responsible for growth in this sector of the digital marketing business. The incumbent will be responsible for helping with strategy, briefing with designers, and QA'ing the creative and technical builds. They will also work in our ESP to launch emails on time, while maintaining strategy, and objectives.
What will you do?
- Email superstar
- You will work closely with the broader marketing team and the product team to develop and deploy email campaigns that drive compelling user experiences and improve conversion to meet company goals. You'll be a critical contributor to Pet Valu's growth and have the opportunity to help influence the roadmap for the digital Marketing team.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, testing, analyzing, and monitoring our email marketing campaigns. This will include creating and modifying the email templates in our email management tool and managing the overall performance of our campaigns to improve conversion from potential customers to long-term customers.
- Coordinate A/B testing of various email campaign features (i.e: subject lines, send times, etc)
- Analyze campaign results and present findings to marketing and executive leadership teams
- Work closely with the broader marketing and product teams to determine email strategy
- Handle list segmentation and any other data requirements for campaign execution
- Communicate campaign summary and performance post-launch, and ensure campaign tracking is working properly
- Troubleshoot and provide support for issues that arise with campaign execution or data
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Business
- Ability to work with cross-department and cross-functional teams including product, engineer, data and go-to-market.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS and cross-platform client requirements
- Understanding of email marketing concepts, metrics, tools, technology, KPIs and industry best practices, such as deliverability and sender reputation, and responsive device testing
- Strong knowledge working within industry standards such as CASL requirements, etc.
- Leveraging internal knowledge and long-form content into short, engaging and clickable content
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive ESP experience with either Responsys, Sales Force Marketing Cloud or Harmony
- Strong knowledge of Java-based scripting languages (e.g. RPL, Freemarker, or AMPscript)
- Moderate/advanced knowledge of SQL
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of API integration
- Strong analytical skills or ability to demonstrate logical thought
- A passion for pets, and exemplary customer service
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Great sense of urgency and accountability, results oriented with strong execution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- style, spelling, grammar, editing and proofreading.
- A team player who likes working with others (internally and externally) to achieve website goals
- Problem solving; must be able to find creative solutions to unusual or unprecedented problems (i.e. Dark Mode, ADA compliance, and adapting to industry changes)
- Ability to use independent judgment and to be self-directed, but able to work as part of an effective team
- Proficient in MS office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint are essential)
- Some skill with Adobe Creative Suite an asset (Photoshop, XD, Dreamweaver, etc...)