Our Marketing Teams at Best Buy Canada are home to some of the most creative and strategic thinkers in the company. From graphic designers to writers, brand specialists and media analysts to the managers who bring it all together, Marketing is made up of diverse and talented people all committed to one goal: building lasting relationships with our customers.
The Brand Marketing Specialist helps establish, distinguish, and differentiate the Best Buy brand while driving traffic and sales, with a focus on digital channels to promote our brand. This individual collaborates with cross functional teams (Digital Marketing, Creative, Production, Retail Marketing, Media, Retail Ops, Ecommerce, Merchandising, etc.) to deliver best-in-class, high-impact multi-channel campaigns that drive awareness, impressions, and results for the business. The Brand Marketing Specialist works as the project manager on various Brand Marketing files which include brand-building marketing strategies, developing and project managing online content projects including content developed through events, activations, and scripted online videos, plus creating and driving strategies for sub-brands such as Geek Squad, Best Buy Business, Best Buy Health, and others, creating and amplifying event experiences, and monitoring and assessing project KPIs.
AS A BRAND MARKETING SPECIALIST, YOU WILL...
- Develop and implement specific brand marketing portfolios and brand projects throughout the year
- Develop annual plans for Best Buy's sub-brands.
- Help drive annual plans and content for Best Buy's value propositions
- Help drive our creative brand strategy, understanding digital creative trends, opportunities and providing recommendations where necessary.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Managers and Specialists to develop organic and paid digital marketing content for events, Best Buy brands, events, and vendor funded initiatives.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to market the brand on channels such as in-store, email, online, and broadcast for events, Best Buy brand and retail campaigns, and vendor funded initiatives
- Work within-house and agency partners to produce video content projects and contribute to social media influencer campaigns
- Be responsible for reporting and miscellaneous duties such as creating post-mortems and/or case studies to analyze strengths, weaknesses, and recommendations
WE HOPE YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT...
- you are the person who can develop a vision for multi-channel marketing and will be the point person on bringing that visions to life, working collaboratively with other members of the marketing team who are experts in their individual channels
- ideas energize you. You bring brand marketing to life in digital spaces and more by selling your vision to others
- you speak your voice making your suggestions known and elevate others to be the best they can be.
Strategic Problem Solving
- you are curious by nature, able to think critically and strategically to troubleshoot and solve problems
- you are a communicator, able to influence, gain buy-in and provide guidance to key stakeholders.
THE EXPERIENCE WE NEED...
3+ years of experience in a fast-paced Marketing or Retail business department including strategic planning and brief writing
3+ years of project management
2+ years of experience in social media, digital marketing and/or community management
Experience working within a creative or in-house agency working on digital projects strongly preferred
Collaboration and communication skills are paramount. You are a team player, who can get other excited and motivated about your vision.
Marketing/Communications/Business Diploma/bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience