Come join our team! If you are looking for a position that is both challenging and rewarding, with an organization that embraces the core values of integrity and excellence, look no further. We are an organization that values diversity, equity and a shared sense of purpose. Our annual employee survey consistently reveals that the Law Society ranks much higher than other organizations in employee engagement, making us a very desirable place to work.
Our staff, volunteers and members of our governing board are committed to one common goal: serving the public interest by regulating the competence, standards and integrity of the practice of law in British Columbia.
Our Communications Department is seeking a full-time Communications Officer, Digital Marketing and Analytics on a 6 month term, able to start immediately and continue until the end of April 2021.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Engagement, this role will work closely with the communications team to track key communication activities, evaluate their success, identify how to maximize their effectiveness, and drive better results in the future. The successful candidate will have an understanding of audiences and how data is structured in a system that gives us the ability to store and segment information based on criteria to best target a particular audience for our messages. This individual should also have experience working with video, digital and other new media.
THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Digital engagement, campaign-oriented communications, web and social media to understand the systems and data points applicable to key departments, and to advise on areas for opportunity and collaboration in tracking and understanding data.
- Collecting and analyzing data of our communications efforts and making recommendations to senior leadership on how to improve engagement based on best practices
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and able to manage and report on communications campaign tracking, including sources across multiple channels that include the web, email, live and virtual events, webinars and online communities.
- Executing multimedia projects, which include filming and editing video, recording and editing audio and producing web content and presentations on Microsoft Power Point and Prezi.
- Incorporating key messages into media materials, social media, blogs, speeches, articles, member communications, website content and other communications products.
- Writing plain language summaries of long, detailed hearing decisions
- Contributing to the development and execution of internal communications projects.
- Posting material to internal and external websites.
- Copy-editing materials, using CP style.
- Collaboration with other departments to establish and maintain organization-wide data standards
- A degree in communications, digital marketing, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, with demonstrated career growth.
- Ability to track, measure and report on results of communications and effectiveness of different platforms.
- Experienced with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, data segmentation and reporting, and data visualization tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide actionable insights from data
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and related software applications, strong knowledge of web and social media technology and applications.
- Experience with desktop publishing software an asset, as is experience with video filming and editing.
- Experience in analyzing and extracting data to track engagement with audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a willingness to pitch-in as needed.
- Self-starter with ability to connect remotely and work from home is needed at this time due to the public health situation.
To apply, please complete the form below or email your cover letter and resume via Isarta with the subject ?Communications Officer.? The closing date for this competition is November 4, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia