Hill+Knowlton Strategies is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Account Director or Vice President, Communications, to join our growing Western Canada team based out of our office in Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be a key contact for clients and team members across the country, delivering on a variety of integrated communications programs for both local and national clients. By applying strategic thinking, creativity, digital know-how, and oversight to client programs, this role will be accountable for delivering superior client service on a variety of integrated communications programs, meeting financial objectives, maintaining market profile, and cultivating new business opportunities to grow the practice and team.
As a senior leader in the office and across Western Canada with further growth and development potential, this role is also focused on being a team leader, mentoring and developing both new talent and existing team members, and shaping a positive culture and work environment in the region.
Here's what you'd be doing:
- Leading or providing senior level support to a diverse portfolio of local and national client accounts, applying strategic thinking and planning, deploying resources and ensuring quality, best in class client service
- Delivering innovative, creative approaches that set new standards within the industry
- Developing key relationships with media, clients, internal and external stakeholders and providing expert analysis and insight into issues that affect our client's goals and objectives
- Providing mentorship, professional development to the team and contributing to new talent recruitment
- Setting an example when it comes to H+K values. We strive to be Accountable, Bold, Collaborative, Diverse, Open and Optimistic for each other and our clients.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8
- 12 years of experience leading corporate communications programs for prominent clients across a variety of channels including traditional earned media strategy, executive communications, crisis communications as well as content, social and digital influencer programs
- Leadership experience leading and mentoring direct reports with a passion for team development
- Outstanding client service skills with an unwavering dedication to ensure client satisfaction through world-class service and program results
- Ability to identify trends and monitor and analyze ongoing developments of relevance to clients
- Proven ability to develop effective messages and materials for internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of the Western Canada and national media environment with key newsroom contacts
- Proven experience managing an account team from a financial, client delivery, and staffing perspective
- Solid presentation skills including the ability to communicate and sell ideas to prospects and clients
- Established network of senior business contacts
- Solid experience in planning and delivering integrated communications programs to support our client objectives
- Management experience building teams, recruiting and retaining, coaching and mentoring professional staff
- Proven ability to overcome challenges to deliver on projects on budget and on time
- A sense of judgment to set realistic expectations in the face of client demands
- Passion, tenacity and enthusiasm for the H+K brand
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K) is a public relations and public affairs consultancy providing services to local, multinational and global clients from its eight offices across the country.
The firm works with clients to solve complex communications challenges and deliver award winning campaigns and is focused on continued innovation for the industry. H+K offers deep sector knowledge and breadth of public relations and public affairs expertise including specialists in health + wellness, technology, government + public sector, energy + industrials, consumer packaged goods, financial + professional services, food + drink, retail + leisure and sports.
Globally, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Inc., has offices in more than 40 countries as well as an extensive associate network; and it is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world's largest communications services groups.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation needs during the recruitment process, please reach out to us. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.