For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie
- a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Business Intelligence Specialist
Business Intelligence Services
Full time, permanent
Dartmouth or Moncton
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
A fast track to understanding how Business and customer needs can be satisfied through data product delivery solutions. A Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is a BI solution expert who has vast knowledge of BI Industry best practices in a Data Warehouse environment with business acumen. A BI Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management and support of mission-critical enterprise BI reporting, ETL, Data Modelling and Analytical solutions.
Working with cross-functional teams, you will be required to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis, data integration and reporting projects for business ready solutions.
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, it's the opportunity to have exposure to every signal facet in our organization. Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth
- If getting involved in charitable causes is something you're passionate about, we support and offer plenty of opportunities to give back
YOUR EVERY DAY WITH US:
As a Business Intelligence Specialist, you will gain an understanding of our Group, Individual and Government client benefit business, including how they are structured and managed from a technical perspective. You will interact with other key business areas such as Sales and IT and be responsible to install and manage client benefit plans effectively using our technology and your keen ability to see how elements of the plan design will interact in our information management systems.
- Provide analysis to gather business and system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configurations.
- Use Extract/Transfer/Load
- OLTP & OLAP processes to load data store(s)/ data warehouse(s)/ data mart(s).
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for our customers.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Oracle and or Microsoft Database development.
- Knowledge and experience in ETL Development/Data Integration with Microsoft SSIS
- Knowledge and experience in Dimensional Modelling and Analytics with Microsoft SSAS
- Knowledge or experience in developing and maintaining Portal Self Serve reporting in Microsoft Power BI/SSRS
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- SQL programming, Data Mining and Analytical functions.
- Technical background in the areas of Data Integration, Modelling, Security, and Enterprise Data Warehouse development.
- Experience in DevOps and CICD
- Support continuous improvement and adoption of best practices including Lean Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and ITIL.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- You are a good communicator
- you are a clear, concise and friendly but know how to communicate to different audiences such as clients, members and internal stakeholders.
- You have earned a post-secondary diploma or degree and/or relevant working experience in business, technology or engineering
- You are a problem-solving master, you are able to understand client requirements and have the ability to transform this into IT solutions.
- You are detailed oriented person, you like the little details with the big picture in mind.
- You have been successful in roles that involve either detailed analysis, quality assurance or systems management
- This role could be a good fit for someone in an HRIS, engineering/process management or IT analyst career path
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Business Intelligence, Database, Engineer, Oracle, Data Analyst, Technology, Engineering, Data