Are you a marketer with great experience looking for a chance to make your mark on the sports industry with a brand new tech forward product? We're looking for a brand builder who knows how to build a voice and attract an audience. Join us on NBA Top Shot
- the first officially-licensed digital collectibles on the Flow blockchain. Together we will bring NBA Top Shot to market by growing our new user acquisition programs and supporting the future of basketball fandom.
You will be the tip of the spear in building and fostering the NBA Top Shot brand across multiple marketing channels and bringing crypto to the 1.6 billion basketball fans across the world. This includes being responsible for everything from marketing strategy to campaign creation and leading the exposure of NBA Top Shot to new users.
This is a huge opportunity to build a marketing program from the ground up. You must enjoy problem solving, getting your hands dirty, having a major impact directly on product adoption, and collaborating across many stakeholders. Every day, you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from digital assets.
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, and the Flow blockchain. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH HERE:
- Introduce efficient marketing strategy with built-in optimization planning
- Bring new collectors into NBA Top Shot every day
- Ensure a balance between new campaigns and marketing optimization
- Collaborate with designers to execute on NBA caliber assets
- Find the most avid basketball fan collectors on the planet, wherever they live online
- Produce best in class content
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is an expert with experience in hands-on brand marketing
- Is a basketball fan who can live and breathe the sport
- Is a professional with a proven track record of building vibrant campaigns
- Is a world class communicator who can inspire fans around the world Is an effective at working across diverse stakeholders including: artists, engineers, community managers
- Has at least 3+ years experience managing marketing for a large brand or game studio
- Understands the rigors and needs of a small team and startup environment
THE SKILLS WE NEED:
- Experience working with large IPs managing brand partnerships, sponsorship integrations, external marketing agencies, approval processes and all aspects of running a campaign
- Experience in hype communities (think sneaker drops)
- Strong brand voice skills, ability to become the brand
- Deep knowledge and fandom of the NBA and the ability to hold your own in a conversation with the biggest fans on the planet
- Strong empathy to understand the fan experience and advocate on their behalf
- Strong writing skills, ability to be concise Ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions based on it
MORE ABOUT DAPPER LABS:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements listed above, we encourage you to apply!
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together.
Our people are what makes our team special
- because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy
- as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development
- we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements
- stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment
- in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies
- We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!