JOB DESCRIPTION :
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Montreal, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
The Group Customer organization is launching a Business Analyst Development Program to strengthen organizational business analysis capabilities and to support staff in pursuit of their career aspirations.
Multiple individuals will be accepted into this program in the role of Associate Business Analyst. Successful candidates will receive Business Analyst training and will be assigned to new roles in participating business units across Group Customer.
- Work closely with stakeholder groups and Business Analysts to gather requirements that are reflective of business needs.
- Participate in project or product meetings, walkthroughs, and reviews.
- Perform data exploration to assess opportunities and quantify their value to the business.
- Contribute to solution development and participate in validation that proposed solutions will meet stakeholders' requirements.
- Actively participate in the creation of business cases, including cost benefit analyses to prioritize projects and assess solutions.
- Communicate with business stakeholders on technical components, project risks, and issues.
- Participate in the development of test cases in advance of implementation, confirming test cases represent business and systems requirements.
- Execute test cases and document test results and defects.
- Provide execution and implementation support to the business.
- Ensure achievement of project objectives by introducing methodologies to stakeholders, outlining tools and techniques to estimate activities, planning communication and developing success metrics.
- Actively invest in learning about our Group products and business, analysis methods, practices, and tools, both from industry and from peers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Post-secondary education related to business or business analysis.
- Knowledge of Group Customer products & systems is an asset.
- Familiarity with business analysis methodologies and principles.
- Familiarity with project management or change management methodologies and principles is an asset.
- Analytical mindset to determine appropriate course of action to reach business objectives.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability & enthusiasm to develop technical knowledge of systems and business processes.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to uncover data/information to support decision-making, summarizing in a consumable format.
- Ability to multitask, juggling multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work with a high degree of detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated; takes ownership and accountability of own work.
- A strong customer view.
- Regular Full Time/Regular Part Time employees must have been in their current role for a minimum of one year or as otherwise specified in the employment offer contract.
- Temporary or Casual employees must wait until one month prior to the end of their assignment before applying.
- The employee must be demonstrating acceptable performance.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted