Location: 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for defining and executing effective marketing strategies, driving campaign development and analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign. The successful candidate will play an integral role in building and engaging our customers through campaigns that support our brand values and highlight our professional services, products and offerings.
By creating effective marketing strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our Health & Wellness businesses, we ladder up to the company purpose
- Live Life Well .
- Plan and execute integrated, enterprise, marketing programs that are briefed in to support the Health & Wellness businesses, while adhering to timelines and budget.
- Working independently and with the leads, develop briefs and drive the execution of projects from concept through to completion .
- Lead and launch select pilot programs for new businesses and strategies, as developed.
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing team, especially our Centres of Excellence teams who support the marketing programs and growth of Loblaw businesses and Brands.
- Work with internal subject matter experts and internal/external agencies to develop communication programs to support and execute the marketing strategies and objectives flawlessly.
- Ensure all marketing upholds our high Brand standards and meets marketing compliance and health regulation requirements, with documentation.
- Assisting in the development and execution of the annual marketing plans.
- Develop and manage project workstreams including project management and follow-ups, budget reconciliation and store communications.
- Support budget planning, development and updating, to ensure payments processed and vendors paid in a timely manner.
- Interpret, update and issue brand/project metrics, dashboards and post mortems.
- Adhere to governance process, time management and asset collection, storage and submission.
- Monitor and analyze competitor activity.
- Work within a Blue Culture environment, as mentor to other team members, providing guidance and coaching in a leadership model
ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- A passion for marketing and Loblaw business & brands
- University or college degree in business, marketing or equivalent and relevant work experience in retailing, advertising, marketing or merchandising environment.
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects; ownership of projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, negotiate approvals and build relationships
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thinker
- Creative problem solver with a strong work ethic and ability to work within a team and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and able to work with diverse personalities and styles
KEY MEASURES (PERFORMANCE INDICATORS) :
- Ability to deliver day to day business requirements, time management and plan execution
- Ability to manage/update budget and reports
- Successful execution of projects, on time/on budget
- Contribution to the achievement of Brand objectives
- Ability to work well with colleagues in a Blue Culture manner
- Organizational and time management skills
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.