Job ID: 185651
Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581)
Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
Our brand is beauty, and Marketing makes sure the world knows it. Our team of analysts, managers and creatives creates new and exciting ways to engage Sephora Canada clients, with advertising campaigns, promotions and fun in-store experiences. The team supports our digital initiatives, plans our loyalty program, writes promotional copy and more. Every day, Marketing tells the world that Sephora is the leader in beauty, promoting an inspiring brand so many Canadians have come to love and trust.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the Director, Marketing Operations, you are a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team and will own the Marketing Operations function including Production, Project Management, and Sampling and Promotions. You will lead a team of seven (four direct reports) to implement and produce marketing programs, drive timely execution and end-to-end integration across channels and teams. In partnership with omni-channel teams including merchandising, planning, logistics, retail, brand partners and vendors, you will ensure strong communication and flawless execution. Your key responsibilities include:
- Design and execute the Marketing Strategy for Sampling and Promotions, while championing the newly created Production and Project Management Canada functions by delegating, monitoring and overseeing the delivery of planned objectives
- Oversee the flow of activity in the marketing department; manages marketing timelines across all channels. Gains a deep understanding of annual and long-term plans in order to plan/inform department calendars and resources. Serves as an essential bridge between the strategic and creative functions of the marketing department, identifying solutions that help us deliver the best work, on time and on budget
- Cultivate strong partnerships cross-functionally within and outside of the marketing department (including, but not limited to merchandising, planning, logistics, retail, online, and US counterparts)
- Actively engages marketing Leadership to set/manage expectations; serve as a voice for the team to ensure program deliverables are met within a fast-paced environment
- Facilitate creative and strategic integration across marketing vehicles; sponsors key marketing department touch-points to bring the working teams together
- Monitor and champion process; identifies process gaps/improvements and implements tools to improve efficiency.
Partner with internal teams and external vendors to bring creative visions to life through the production, kitting and distribution of printed materials and manufactured merchandisers for in-store retail displays.
- Oversee all manufacturing and kitting practices/requirements
- Ensure the production vehicle lead is inputting into Project Management schedules/requirements
- Build and establish preferred vendor contracts/relationships
- Responsible for ensuring the distribution and delivery of finished goods to store as required by program go-to-market dates
Project Management (30%)
Partnering with internal teams to bring creative visions to life through the initiation, planning, execution and closing of marketing campaigns
- Oversee the creation and implementation of program tracks, including RASCIS, work back schedules and meetings for all key marketing programs
- Ensure the process is followed and PMO meetings are held
- Monitor progress and identify opportunities for process efficiencies
- Responsible for maintaining the annual calendar of projects
- Continue to build/roadmap the project management function and Marketing Team processes
Sampling and Mass Promotions (40%)
Partnering with internal teams, US Counterparts, Logistics and external brands to bring client engagement to life through the strategic development and planned execution of sampling programs and mass promotions across all channels
- Develop and implement Sephora Canada's sampling & promotions strategy by identifying key programs that drive the business
- Key partner to DotCa Marketing providing strong annual sampling and promotions plan while building a pipeline for contingency
- Work with Brand Marketing, Merchandising and Brand Partners on key metrics measuring the success of the largest sampling programs
- Oversee the development of the annual promotions and sampling calendar identifying gaps and opportunities
- Work closely with Planning, Logistics and 3rd party Kitters to ensure flawless execution
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- You have 10 or more years of experience in a marketing function with expertise in production and project management
- You love to lead and collaborate with enthusiasm, creativity, and influence
- Your relationship-building knows no bounds and can include partners across North America
- You're a big-picture thinker with an eye for detail and identifying solutions for your customers
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity allows you to innovate and drive efficiencies
- Your analytical expertise helps to pull key insights and build effective programs
- You can pivot on a whim, make your own way, and have an overall can-do attitude
- Experience in retail is preferred
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- You'll be part of a unique culture and family of passionate and inspiring individuals.
- You'll work alongside the best talent in the industry
- people you'll be proud to work with.
- You'll have access to the global community of luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy) for endless career opportunities.
- You'll have the opportunity to be part of a community that drives meaningful social and environmental change and receive matching donations to support your charitable giving.
- Benefits you can mix and match, depending on your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program services for those times you need extra support.
- Holidays, time off, summer hours and flexibility to support work-life balance.
- And of course, there's our incredible swag
- free product gifts throughout the year and tons of discounts with our brand partners.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands
- including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.