The Intermediate Designer at Skip's in-house Creative Studio is responsible for developing conceptual ideas and visuals for various Skip marketing campaigns and projects, ranging from digital/social content to in-app communication pieces to restaurant partnership promotions. This includes smart, cohesive visuals, clean layouts, and supporting design elements which reflect the Skip brand. Having grown beyond the limits of a Junior Designer, the Intermediate Designer can handle bite-sized projects by themselves. They can also make big contributions on bigger projects working with Senior Creatives and the Associate Creative Director. This means conceiving and writing strong ideas that strategically align to project briefs.
The Intermediate Designer welcomes working closely with copywriters to bring ideas to life. They are comfortable presenting to others, including various company stakeholders. They take feedback well and work diligently to incorporate it. They take initiative and do not need to be reminded of process and deadlines.
With positivity and a passion for creativity, the Intermediate Designer is enthusiastic about graphic design and is always eager to learn more. Last, but not least, the Intermediate Designer believes in the notion of creative fellowship, where ideas are owned by the team, not by any one individual, and where creativity flourishes in the open, not in a vacuum.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE :
- Conceive strong conceptual ideas which strategically align to project briefs, through smart thinking and design
- Design for all mediums, from content scripts, to OOH, to digital banners, to email
- Work closely with the Copy Team to bring ideas to life
- Present to various company stakeholders
- Understand the verticals of the Skip business that they work on
- Take initiative on all projects without being reminded of meetings and deadlines
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS:QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 7 years experience in-house and/or advertising agency
- Educational background in advertising, marketing, and/or graphic design
- Portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and design
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Positive worker
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK AT SKIP:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you
- not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip's future. With committees like Skip's BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you're passionate about.
That's just a small taste of what it's like to work at one of Canada's leading tech companies. If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be