- we'd love to hear from you. You'll help us express the internal communications that keep our teams engaged, along with various external communications, such as press releases and news inquiries. You'll need to be creative, agile, and proactive with your strategies while remaining organized and deadline-oriented.
SkipTheDishes is looking for a strong communicator to advance and support internal engagement strategies across the company.
The Communications Manager will work in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization to manage and deliver an internal communications strategy. To be successful in this role, you'll require a high degree of creativity and drive to find innovative ways to communicate and connect with employees. Not only will you be able to pull together an event with a moment's notice and create engagement opportunities for all team members, but you'll also be able to drive CSR partnerships and manage employee communications at the same time.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Oversee end-to-end planning and execution of all internal events and engagement activities across all of Skip's offices, including internal celebrations for major milestones and announcements, rollouts, global events, and CSR-related activities.
- Further advance existing CSR partnerships and develop a strategic plan for expansion
- Work with internal committees to help further their mission/vision, meeting with internal stakeholders across the organization to coordinate and align messaging.
- Provide communication and engagement guidance to management and staff at all levels and areas across Skip, ensuring that all approaches align with company objectives and priorities.
- Plan, write, edit and review content for a variety of internal communication mediums while both managing and creating content for Skip's intranet
- basic layout and design skills required
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees, stakeholders and global teams.
- Assist with internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Play a key role in assisting with the preparation of monthly Round-ups, including developing materials and managing logistics to ensure a smooth execution.
- Experience developing and executing strategic communication plans, including the ability to analyze, measure and report on the effectiveness of those plans.
RECIPE FOR SUCCESS:
- Superior research, writing and editing skills with proven attention to style, tone and details
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing high-impact work.
- You're able to adapt and change directions in an instant, with demonstrated project management skills and experience in managing multiple diverse projects and tight deadlines with a high degree of autonomy. Experience
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with a Bachelor's degree or diploma in communications, journalism, or related field.
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK AT SKIP:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you
- not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip's future. With committees like Skip's BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you're passionate about.
That's just a small taste of what it's like to work at one of Canada's leading tech companies. If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be