At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Creative, TSC
- Today's Shopping Choice is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative individual to join our lively team of like-minded designers for a 12 month contract. Your thirst for quality work, current cultural trends, and all things creative is complimented with solid design skills and an exceptional focus on detail.You possess a strong eye in layout, composition, typography and photography and bring that to all the work you do. The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, problem solve and self-motivate. This is a fast-paced environment and requires someone with experience and excellence in production work as well as original design. The successful candidate ensure objectives are delivered on strategy, on brand and time.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead the design, look and feel of key areas of TSC
- Today's Shopping Choice website.
- Deliver quality results and are able to adapt stylistically to work within brand guidelines when required, achieving outstanding work.
- Design original creative and use sound creative judgment to offer constructive feedback.
- Contribute to brainstorm sessions, concept development, style frames for various TSC projects.
- Support photography shoots when required.
- Provide quality assurance checks against all work delivered by the team.
- Collaborate with Online Merchandising Team, Graphic Designers and IT to produce best-in class, relevant and compelling web creative.
- Establish a sound understanding of TSC target audience, user behavior, needs and expectations; share learnings with the team and apply to design standards.
- Present designs to diverse set of stakeholders; support decisions with design principles, research data or other objective information
- Evaluate effectiveness of current processes; actively participate in process and workflow improvement plans.
- Actively participate in establishing a strong design culture at TSC
- Assign work via a central design queue; supervise and monitor day-to-day workflow and activities of the Web Graphics Team
- Coach graphic design staff and participate in developing talent .
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years graphic design experience, preferably with an online ecommerce platform or agency; demonstrated experience in web design, web graphic design
- Strong proficiency in graphic design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); demonstrated HTML and CSS experience
- Strong production design skills to understand and foresee potential set-backs in the creation of assets
- Sound creative judgment
- Please indicate your URL portfolio on your resume
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 6 Months
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Website Design
Requisition ID: 209050
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Media