We're currently looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for creating effective Master Data Management product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content.
What You'll Do
- Write highly technical content that describes product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with stakeholders to deliver meaningful error messages, useful UI strings, and develop clear terminology
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit own content for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Collaborate on projects with other technical writers.
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and follow schedules
- Able to follow documentation processes and style
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You use your excellent analytical and written communication skills to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
What We'd Like to See
- Knowledge of Master data management, relational database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what's now common-making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.