Requisition ID: 91043
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Small Business, Communication & Business Development Intern
Winter (Jan-April) 2021
This role will be virtual
**New resumeless application process, be sure to follow the instructions carefully**
WHY WORK FOR SCOTIABANK?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 99,000 high-performing (and awesome) teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank.
WHO WE ARE
Small Business focuses on supporting the unique needs of small business customers with financial advice and banking solutions delivered through a knowledgeable and experienced team of Small Business Advisors and Specialists.
A keen, curious and collaborative teammate who:
- Thrives in a fast paced and deadline-oriented virtual environment
- Is a problem-solver that can streamline and implement solutions effectively
- Can work well independently and be comfortable with ambiguity and prioritization of internal initiatives and communications
- Has excellent communication, and writing skills
- Project management and excel spreadsheet formatting/ reporting experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Power Point presentations preferable
- Contribute to the overall success of the Business Development, Sales Management and Communications for Small Business, ensuring projects and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives
- Increase overall capacity for the team
- Provide internal sales team support by managing business as usual updates and new requests for resources and supporting material
- Collaborate with internal partners, stakeholders and the regional teams to write success stories for the Advisor recognition nomination platform
- Support new requests and updates for marketing resources
HOW DO I APPLY?
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in order to uncover your true potential. In short, we believe that resumes only provide part of your story and what you're truly about. To realize your full potential, we want to get to know you and hear more about the experiences that have shaped who you are. We know this may sound silly, but it's simple, for students applying to one of our co-ops, internships or TILT new grad programs, resumes are no longer required. Instead, we ask that as part of your application, you complete the following:
Your PLUM Profile : (link to PLUM)
Complete a short one-way video interview: (link to rivs)
Apply to the role through our career site.
When the application asks for your resume, upload a screenshot of your plum profile to confirm completion and plum profile access. Alternatively, you can submit a resume, understanding that it's not a requirement. Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.