Imagine working for an organisation that focuses on putting people at the heart of what they do. Where every single person within the organisation is aligned to one main motivating force, that at the centre of everything they do, and their number one priority; are patients. A place that gives every individual the autonomy and empowerment to make a difference, where you are not defined by a job title. Imagine waking up every morning feeling fulfilled, having purpose and meaning in your work.
Imagine you are at Roche.
We are a pioneer in pharmaceuticals, advancing science to help people in the UK live longer and healthier lives. For over 120 years we have created truly differentiated medicines for cancer, the immune system, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system.
We work from bench to bedside
- researching new medicines, running global clinical trials, and collaborating with the NHS to try to ensure rapid uptake and delivery of our products and services. Our drive, every day, is to ensure our medicines reach those who need them as soon as possible.
None of this would be possible without our extraordinary employees; our people make our business. We offer inspirational opportunities for employees that are as unique as they are. We have created an inclusive, respectful work environment where people can be authentic and truly invested in their work, a place to belong. Our outstanding commitment to workplace engagement has recently been recognised by our inclusion at number four on the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work
Corporate Communications Partner
- We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and exceptional communications partner to work as part of its Pricing, Reimbursement, Policy and Communications group (PRPC).
- The PRPC group works together with the affiliate and the NHS to deliver transformative access for innovative solutions and to support creation of a sustainable healthcare system.
- A key driver to our success is ensuring that stakeholders have an accurate understanding of who we are, what we do, and how we help people in the UK live longer and healthier lives. We help build greater partnerships and advocacy that enable us to achieve our goal of ensuring that people across the UK have the best access to medicines in Europe.
- Our corporate communications team develops and creates compelling and multi-channel campaigns that engage and influence. You will build effective relationships with stakeholders and deliver powerful communications campaigns that may include media relations, issues management, social media, disease awareness and patient engagement.
- Applying a deep understanding of the latest developments in the wider UK environment, you will develop communication strategies that directly engage with key stakeholder groups and develop external industry relationships that can support these efforts.
- An outstanding communicator, you will have extensive experience of writing and delivering effective communications strategies that influence and inspire. You will have strong writing skills and the ability to develop content for multiple audiences and be able to liaise effectively with contacts to build strong relationships, striving to meet strategic goals with tact and professionalism.
The Corporate Communications Partner is responsible to:
- Create, develop and deliver internal and external communications strategies, in line with the Organisational and Squad priorities
- Build employee engagement and shape company culture through first in class communications, so that colleagues understand organisational priorities, how they align to the company's objectives, and the role they play in supporting these priorities
- Shape the external environment through first class communications, ensuring stakeholders actively buy-into and help deliver positive change in healthcare across the UK (including delivering against our company's objectives)
- Ability to adapt communication style and needs dependent on audience and channel
- Ability to respond quickly in a crisis and remain calm under pressure.
- Build excellent relationships with internal, global and external stakeholders, including all media types, current and future partners, and senior leaders within the organisation at an affiliate and global level
- Gather detailed insight on broader external environment (covering different stakeholder groups) to inform and direct affiliate/squad strategy
- Co-create campaigns with cross functional teams, external partners and wider stakeholder groups
- Ability to provide counsel and train colleagues and spokespeople re: media interviews, speaking opportunities (internal & external)
- A proven commitment to continued professional development.
- Be competent to work in the matrix organisation, and delivery of high standard work in line with organisational needs and priorities
- Have strong experience of internal and external engagement, creating best in class strategies to inform and lead the organisation.
- Be experienced in external and internal communications work. Identifying and creating short, medium and long term strategies to support the business in driving greater advocacy for Roche, both internally and externally.
- Be an experienced coach and mentor, who is able to support all members of the team
- Be able to operate within a compliance-led regulatory environment.
- Be adept at operating in a highly autonomous working environment where individuals see projects through from conception to completion.
- Be able to prioritise workload, analyse key problems, devise appropriate tactics, gain support and consensus and consequently drive change.
At Roche, it is more than just a job. It's a responsibility. A big one. If you
Closing date for applications: 15th November 2020
We are currently exploring geographic flexibility with all roles in our new operating model. While it may not be possible in some cases, we encourage you not to let the location define your decision to apply.
Roche Products is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Roche Products Ltd
Roche is an equal opportunity employer. Access, Access > Government Affairs