- we'd love to hear from you. You'll help us express the internal communications that keep our teams engaged, along with various external communications, such as press releases and news inquiries. You'll need to be creative, agile, and proactive with your strategies while remaining organized and deadline-oriented.
SkipTheDishes is looking for a strong communicator with a passion for executing integrated campaigns, strategic planning, and creative thinking who knows how to spot a story, and how to tell it.
The Communications Manager will work in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization to manage and deliver a national communications strategy. To be successful in this role, you'll require a high degree of creativity and drive to find innovative ways to share our brand with the outside world. You understand the importance of brainstorming and know that a strategic plan that ties back to the company's overall objectives, when done right, will make an impact.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Develop and implement communications strategies, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the organization to manage a range of proactive communications campaigns and initiatives, including areas related to partnerships and marketing opportunities.
- Awareness of industry news and trends, integrating compelling angles into PR campaigns at both local and national levels to drive proactive coverage for the business.
- Brainstorm new ideas and strategies with teams, being able to think creatively and pivot with short notice.
- Manage media relations while drafting various communications materials for both media and internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Communications Director in providing issues management and crisis communications for the organization.
- Support profile building activities as appropriate, including interviews, speaking engagements, media training, etc..
- Support internal communications activities, campaigns and initiatives as required.
- Conduct post-campaign analysis for campaigns, presenting strategic recommendations for future improvements alongside monthly reports.
- Manage external PR agency to support the above efforts. Recipe For Success
- Minimum of five years related work experience, with experience in both corporate and consumer communications preferred; experience managing a team/agency is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
- Experience managing complex and fast-moving issues
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- A natural communicator and collaborator who can find the answers you need, when you need them
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at once, working with internal teams, external stakeholders and media
- You have a great attitude and are a proven self-starter: You don't wait for someone to tell you what to do, you just do it
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing high-impact work.
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK AT SKIP:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you
- not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip's future. With committees like Skip's BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you're passionate about.
That's just a small taste of what it's like to work at one of Canada's leading tech companies. If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you.
Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be