Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. This is a 12-month Maternity Leave Contract position. In this role, the Customer Marketing Lead, Crop Protection will be accountable for the development and implementation of targeted strategies, customer campaigns and tactics to grower and channel customers tactics at the grower and channel level within Western Canada to support the 12-18 month business objectives aligned to the Western Business Region Must Wins. The successful candidate will function as a key collaborator with Marketing, Sales and Key Account Management teams to ensure the development of integrated sales and marketing campaigns and supporting tactics are effective for targeted customer segments.
This 12-month maternity leave contract position can be remotely based across Canada or in/near Calgary, Alberta.
- Key liaison between front line salesforce and marketing teams
- Understand grower needs and utilize segmentation to help deliver a positive experience that enhances loyalty and brand adoption
- Interpretation of market dynamics and market intelligence to develop deep understanding of the channel and competition
- Lead Campaign planning process to develop the objectives and strategies to achieve the Must Win Battles
- Support market analysis for competitive positioning and competitive reactions
- Establish and track agreed-to marketshare and contribution objectives
- Identifies bottlenecks and SWOT analysis impacting the business
- Guide the grower and retail tactical development plan to deliver the 12-18 month objectives
- Key collaborator with Marketing Operations on the tactic implementation plan
- Set direction and provide market context to Branding and Content on materials needed to support the tactical plans
- Set direction to the Western Business Region to guide positioning, messaging and activities to help achieve the BR MWB
- Campaign measurement KPI's to guide future activities
- Development of grower programs (broad and targeted)
- Support District Managers to design and optimize effective field force strategies
- Lead the translation of brand messaging into crop stories
- Minimum B.Sc. in the Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing/Communications or related field
- 5+ years of Strategic Sales and/or Customer Marketing experience within the Agriculture industry
- Must be authorized to work in Canada for Syngenta without Employment Sponsorship
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of crop protection products
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Excellent communications (i.e., PowerPoint, oral and written), interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, problem solving/decision making, teamwork and planning/organizing skills
- Knowledge of Canadian agriculture including agronomic, seed and chemical crop protection practices
- Knowledge of principles of marketing including campaign and crop plans, MaSE, CRM, KAM, segmentation and long-term valuation
- Knowledge of communication principles and techniques, knowledge of market dynamics, competitive environment and able to use market research effectively to understand customer, markets and channels
- Knowledge of financial and general accounting principles
- Ability to travel 25% across Canada
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: CAN-Alberta-Calgary
Work Locations: CA2 6700 Macleod Trail South Calgary T2H 0L3
Job: Marketing & Commercial Strategy