Job Description :
Job Title: Manager Communications & Marketing, CAN Health
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Trillium Health Partners Solutions / CAN Health Network
Trillium Health Partners is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities. As part of Trillium Health Partners' new strategy, the hospital became a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and research became a strategic priority. In support of this priority, Trillium Health Partners' research institute, the Institute for Better Health, was created.
The CAN Health Network is a national partnership with leading Canadian health organizations (Edges) and companies across Canada's six major regions that work together under the same National Network to introduce new technologies into the health care system, and pave the way for Canadian businesses to scale and spread across Canada and globally.
THP is seeking an experienced Manager of Communications & Marketing for the CAN Health Network, a national network of health organizations working to scale promising Canadian health technologies. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Partnerships, CAN Health Network, the Manager will be primarily responsible for providing strategic planning, development and coordination of all communication initiatives to support the advancement the Network. CAN Health Network is looking for a talented leader who has the ability to provide senior level counsel and advice and enhance brand presence and awareness to support an ambitious organizational mission. The Manager of Communications & Marketing is highly strategic, a self-starter with strong organizational skills. This is not your typical Manager of Communications and Marketing position. This position puts you at the forefront of a project which is trying to build Canada's ability to make health care one of our signature industries by growing innovative Canadian companies that will shape our health care system and economy for the future. You will be creating marketing strategies that enable Canadian companies to successfully compete for a larger market share of the spending in health care technology. This individual has experience building and sustaining brand presence within complex, rapidly changing environments. The successful candidate will work with partners from across Canada, and be part of a team that is highly motivated. This Manager will be responsible for prioritizing and creating communications initiatives in alignment with organizational strategy, and support building a team
- Analyze and create opportunities for enhanced communications opportunities internally and across Canada to advance the Network's brand & strategic goals;
- Manage the Network's public profile through comprehensive marketing and communications strategies, including manage day-to-day social media channels;
- Work with various internal and external partners to create an integrated approach communication initiatives across the Network;
- Identify and manage the resources necessary to support communications activities including internal, external, media relations, marketing and promotional activities;
- Manage internal and external events, including virtual announcements, and the Network's Annual General Meeting;
- Identify and produce communications and marketing materials, such as news releases, infographics; and
- Use metrics and Key Performance Indicators to evaluate success of communication and marketing activities and advise on future strategic direction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 7+ years in strategic communications, marketing or related field;
- Proven experience in building and developing brands and maintaining brand presence to help achieve an organizational mission;
- Experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans, and project based communications plans;
- Proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, anticipate and mitigate risks and exceed goals in a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall;
- Excellent communication skills including ability strong writing skills and ability to story tell, as well as strong presentation skills;
- Experience managing with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist;
- Creative thinker who thrives in problem solving and creating new process and comfortable with updating and changing process to improve outcomes;
- Experience in health care, private sector or government considered an asset; and
- Bilingual and strength in marketing strategies for private sector companies, also considered an asset.
Position Location and Travel:
- The position with be a work from home until January 2021, and then be re-evaluated based on the pandemic. Travel to one of three Trillium Health Partners may be required for on-site meetings.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.