The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Communications & Social Strategist. This position is based out of our South Burnaby, BC head office (5566 Trapp Avenue).Duties & Responsibilities:
The Communications & Social Strategist ensures the voice of our brands are consistent across internal and external channels. This role engages our audiences through rich storytelling that aligns with the company values and morals of who we are as a brand. This role strengthens our customers and stakeholders' emotional connection to the SPUD, Blush Lane and Be Fresh Brands.
- Collaborate on external press releases
- Partner with departments to create meaningful communications to our customers and social audiences
- Build out content plans to support seasonal themes, food trends and sustainability
- Understand each social audiences' interests and create content calendars that not only engage our audiences but increase engagement with new audiences
- Test and find opportunities within our social channels to align with marketing campaigns to reach not only our customer base but our social audience
- Report weekly metrics against social revenue, growth and engagement
- Develop quarterly social plans to align with the marketing goals to help marketing reach their KPI's for weekly orders, revenue, acquisition and retention
- Stay up to date within social understanding the changing landscape and rules for engagement
- Seek and build out partnerships with brands that align with our brands value to help provide content for our followers
- Create excitement and fun within the social channels, testing contests, takeovers and all socially relevant opportunities within social
- Additional duties as assigned Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in communications and social media strategy
- A creative thinker who can put themselves in the mindset of the customer
- Detailed and organized
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate about food and sustainability
- Understanding of the food industry, with a particular focus on the natural and organic segment of the industry
- Self-starter and ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally to accomplish goals
- Ability to travel to SPUD's current geographical locations and Blush Lane's retail stores
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to regularly sit, walk, stand; talk and hear; both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel, or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 lbs
- Moderate noise (office with computers, phones, printers, lights and other team members) Compensation:
- An annual salary paid bi-weekly.
- 20 % discount on SPUD.ca purchases.
- Extended health care benefits (effective the first of the month following 90 days).