VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES AT SPARE
Spare is growing and we're looking for an enterprise sales leader to help us build our sales strategy!
We are looking for someone who will:
Lead by example jumping in and closing accounts with our team.
Break down our large sales cycle into tangible outcomes for every member of the team.
Focus on building a positive sales culture that is passionate, collaborative, and accountable.
As our first VP of Sales, you will have the opportunity to impact the lives of individuals across the world every single day!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Understand our deals: Initially, you will work with our team to understand and analyze the market, our industry, our customers, and how we currently approach a sale. You will jump in and support the closing of our largest deals.
Structure our team: Once you understand the market, you will be responsible for the goals, structure, and growth of our team. You will support the team to achieve 100%+ quota attainment and build a strong relationship with Customer Success.
Define our strategy: Then, you will help us define our targets, refine our sales approach, and iterate on our processes to increase our close rates, tighten our sales cycle, and develop our team.
Grow our revenue: Ultimately, you will create a structured, cohesive, sales organization that continuously hits our revenue objectives.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an expert at enterprise-level (6-figure) SaaS sales. You have done this yourself and know the distinct differences between large and small deals. Bonus if you have experience selling to the public sector!
- This is not your first time building a sales team. You have had failures, which have led to your successes. Your sweet spot is taking a team from $1M to $10M ARR (building, hiring, onboarding, and developing) and beyond.
- You have worked in multiple industries and can break down a solid go-to-market strategy, demand generation strategy, and sales processes from Marketing to Sales to Customer Success.
- You are an educator by nature. You are compelling in your sales pitch, listen to your customers' pain points, and effectively communicate Spare's value proposition to all levels.
- You are data-centric and can break down (right to the basics) how to improve performance, increase close rate, and increase revenue.
- You are a skilled people manager with a knack for developing SDRs into Junior AEs and AEs into top performers.
- You are excited by the possibilities of sustainable, on-demand transportation and you want to learn more!
WHAT WE'RE DOING @ SPARE
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand microtransit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We're still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare's direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let's change it together!
About Our Team
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We're still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
What we offer
Work from anywhere
Downtown Vancouver Offices/Subsidized co-working spaces available
- Health Benefits Plan
Brand new Macbook
Gym Access for Vancouver-based employees
Monthly socials and other organized events
Employee-lead Lunch & learns
Monthly 1:1s and Performance Reviews to keep you on track
A team that's changing the world!