Reporting to the Director, Stakeholder Engagement, the Manager, Communications Planning, will be responsible for communications planning and strategy development, executive communications, annual reporting, corporate brand, and issues management. This role is focused on providing timely, understandable and accurate information to external stakeholders.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Managing corporate external communication projects including executive communications materials, external stakeholder communications, and communications planning
- Develop issues management and crisis communications strategies and write supporting issues briefs and other associated materials
- Manage the development and production of corporate communications materials
- Supervise the development and production of the company's Annual Report
- Provide support to other major projects and initiatives as required.
- Minimum 12-15 years' experience in the field of corporate communications, media and/or public relations
- Post-secondary education in the area of communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Spanish considered an asset
- Demonstrates expert level written communication skills including; speech writing and copy editing
- Ability to quickly draft complex written documents
- Excellent research skills and ability to identify engaging, factual information to support corporate communications objectives and materials
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and cultivate strong relationships with other staff across all levels of the organization
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations
- Strong demonstrable computer skills, in particular with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid project management skills including ability to set and manage multiple priorities based on relative importance and urgency to meet deadlines
- Contributes to the strategic communications direction of the company by providing strategic advice in all major communications issues and projects
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources