Title: Communications Manager
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Classification and Level of Position: MS1
The Communications Manager is responsible for the internal and external communications strategy for Teranet Manitoba and provides day-to-day support and recommendations to management. The incumbent develops targeted communications and marketing plans for a wide variety of regional and corporate initiatives, to support the General Manager, Director, Product Management, and management team in the overall execution of the corporate strategy and Teranet Manitoba Business Plan.
The incumbent makes recommendations on the format, timing, delivery method, and messaging to help achieve a clear and concise flow of information, ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of information to all stakeholder groups and will be the manager of the Teranet Manitoba pages on the intranet site (team portal) and the Teranet Manitoba website(s). The incumbent will also support the Director, Product Management in working with external vendors and internal stakeholders on Teranet Manitoba's marketing and branding strategy.
The incumbent understands, supports, and follows Teranet's values:
- We are resilient and resourceful
- We create value
- We help each other succeed
- We deliver what we promise
- We value and respect one another
Under the general direction of the Director, Product Management, this person will:
- Develop and execute the annual Teranet Manitoba internal communications strategy to support Balanced Scorecard objectives and corporate strategic plan.
- Develop and execute annual stakeholder engagement strategy, lead development of quarterly social media and content plans.
- Lead the development, execution, and ongoing maintenance of a media readiness program for regional management and spokespersons.
- Participate in corporate planning and strategy with Teranet Ontario to ensure communications best-practices are in alignment across the organization.
- Advise management in all aspects of public information and employee awareness, and assess the effectiveness and make recommendations to improve external and internal communications.
- Represent Manitoba with Teranet departments and business areas to provide communications recommendations and advice in support of corporate strategic priorities, change plans, acquisitions, etc. as needed.
- Supports General Manager, Director of Product Management, and management team communications as needed and has access to sensitive, proprietary, and confidential information.
- Supports the achievement of communications protocols between Teranet Manitoba and the Office of the Registrar-General.
- Coordinate media relations efforts in collaboration with Teranet's head office, and act as a contact point for media inquiries in Manitoba.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams as required.
MARKETING, BRANDING, AND PROMOTIONS SUPPORT
- Create a copy, photos, videos, and other content artifacts to support the social media plan.
- Develop refined/segmented marketing and communications client lists to target a variety of audiences (i.e. media, land titles clients, product-specific clients, etc.).
- Coordinate the development and execution of advertising and promotional campaigns, selection, and roll-out of production materials with marketing firms and third-party vendors/consultants.
- In collaboration with the Director, Product Management, define and execute go-to-market strategies and to develop positioning documents, personas, and targeted marketing and communication plans.
- Develop project communications and/or marketing plans to support Product Management initiatives.
- Develop and execute events to support product and project launches and milestones.
- Produces communications deliverables to support product launches and milestones.
- Manage the Teranet Manitoba website.
- Represent Teranet Manitoba on the corporate Brand Governance Committee
- Develop and execute marketing artifacts and communications deliverables identified in product plans.
- Ensure adherence to brand, style, and accessibility guidelines.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities. The Communications Manager is expected to provide guidance based upon their knowledge and experience to other staff in either their capacity as a team member or when leading a project, initiative, and/or team.
- College diploma or University degree in communications or marketing, or another relevant field.
- Three to five years of experience in a communications role, preferably in a corporate and/or government environment.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits for diverse audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and adapt/interpret the operations and communication needs of various areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, clients, and subject matter experts as needed.
- Knowledge of best practices related to corporate communications, engagement, public relations, media relations, crisis communications, and web and online engagement.
- Knowledge of change management practices would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite. (including Adobe Professional, PhotoShop, InDesign and Dreamweaver), video editing software (Camtasia or similar), Google Analytics, social media management, and Word Press CMS.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with marketing firms, third-party vendors/consultants, and the media.
- Ability to travel to other locations throughout Manitoba and Ontario, a satisfactory criminal record check, and legal entitlement to work in Canada are conditions of employment.
- Bilingual in Canadian French and English would be considered an asset.
Teranet Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.