IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE SAME THINGS WE DO, LET'S TALK.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We've come together because we believe in making a real difference in people's financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Marketing and Community Specialist to join our team for an 18 month contract.
The Marketing & Community Specialist assists in the development and delivery of consumer targeted initiatives and promotions related to community events, marketing campaigns, corporate programs, targeted segment promotions, local advertising and delivery channels. This includes tailoring programs to leverage local consumer opportunities and insights and creating local promotions.
HERE'S WHAT WOULD BE INCLUDED AS A PART OF YOUR TYPICAL DAY:
1. Campaign Development:
Assists in the development of marketing campaigns, under the direction of the AVP, Marketing and/or Marketing Business Partner.
Work closely with Marketing Strategies and Product Development teams to develop regional/customer focused programs.
May include all or some of the development work from scoping through to post-campaign analysis.
2. Project Management
- Regional Marketing Programs
- Project management assistance for First West supported or Regional campaigns/programs.
- Oversees projects from initiation, agency briefing (if required) and creative briefing through to completion including creative/POS and communication development.
- Ensures execution to plan.
- Maintains budgets and advises of variances.
- Assists in establishing success standards for programs.
- Works closely with other regional Marketing Specialists to identify and implement best practices and opportunities to standardize work processes.
3. Community Investment:
Working with the Community Investment and Marketing team/leadership, coordinates implementation of community investment initiatives. Proactively builds community investment relationships and participates in the negotiation process as required. Meets with Feed The Valley/Full Cupboard Champions and food bank partners on a semi-annual basis to support their collaboration on local initiatives.
4. Premium Inventory:
Oversees the vendor relationship for premium inventory. Develops regional merchandising strategy as needed.
5. Regional Marketing support:
May provide marketing support to regional LOB leads as required.
6. Vendor Relationships:
When required, work with external vendors, suppliers or agencies to execute on marketing or community investment initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five years' experience in a Coordinator and/or Specialist Marketing or Community Investment role
- Experience with Community Investment/non profit portfolio and event management. (preferred)
- Keeps abreast of innovation and new marketing concepts that are relevant to the Credit Union.
- Knowledge of all phases of consumer promotions¾ideation, conception, development and commercialization.
- Ability to project manage a campaign end-to-end, including effective creation and delivery of agency briefs, managing work-back scheduling and ensuring results.
- Intermediate skills in using Adobe Creative suite (including Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop) on a PC platform would be an asset.
- Basic design and layout skills.
- Strong initiative and results orientation.
- Takes responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve required knowledge for the job.
- Ability to be creative and apply ?out-of-box? thinking.
- Effective influencing, problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it's only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
If you believe in the same things we do, let's talk.
We're a financial cooperative that does things differently. That means we create innovative yet simple solutions to help people achieve their financial dreams and life goals. We make a difference by helping to build healthy communities. Our work environments will accelerate your personal and professional growth inspiring you to lead with courage. We strive to be an employer of choice in Canada, not just for what we do, but how we do it.
Exceed the limits of what you thought was possible and bring out your full potential. Inspire yourself with purpose and create new possibilities- for your future, for the lives of others and for the communities you're part of.
What's your place in the First West story? Apply now and let's find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.