Job Title: Marketing and Digital Media Intern
Immediate Supervisor: Amanda Boucher, Head of Building Operations
The Philip J Currie Dinosaur Museum is looking for a recent graduate to market new initiatives
and increase awareness of the programs and experiences that the museum offers.
The Museum, located near Grande Prairie Alberta, is situated near one of the densest fossil
beds in North America. Galleries, programs and experiences allow visitors a first-hand
opportunity to learn about the dinosaurs and dinosaur research that takes place in the region.
The museum had a successful summer, promoting and delivering COVID-19 safe outdoor
experiences, programs and summer camps. Following that success, the museum will host
outdoor activities; skating, ice sculptures and scavenger hunts. Indoor offerings will include our
Nature Room, virtual lecture series, and activities, and school programs for school groups and
The ideal candidate will have a degree in marketing, public relations, communications or
similar field of study, and be a self-starter who enjoys working on multi-disciplinary teams.
The candidate must have the following abilities:
- Ability to develop a marketing plan for new initiatives
- Ability to develop, write, and produce or coordinate the production of communication and marketing products within a variety of media channels, including digital and social media
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement public and private sector stakeholder opportunities
This job is offered through Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage. Candidate
eligibility is stipulated by Young Canada Works Grant guidelines.
An individual may be eligible to apply if they:
1. Are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-
Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
2. Are legally entitled to work in Canada;
3. Will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
4. Are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
5. Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours per week) while employed with the
6. Are unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not
7. Are a university or college graduate;
8. Are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program;
internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment
10. Be registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory (see ?To Apply?)
The Philip J Currie Dinosaur Museum is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes
applications from all eligible persons. To apply, visit the following website to register in the
Young Canada Works on-line candidate inventory, https://young-canada-works.canada.ca
Please email a cover letter and resume to Linden Roberts, Executive Director at
Application deadline is Monday, November 16, 2020. Please note only successful candidates
will be contacted and scheduled for an interview.