Want to get a BT Life?! At Baker Tilly Nova Scotia Inc. you will work with a team of dynamic professionals who pride themselves on exceptional service and commitment to success for our clients. We also appreciate the value of work-life balance for our staff. We offer:
- a competitive salary;
- wellness and fitness incentives;
- flex time;
- a comprehensive benefits package.
Baker Tilly Nova Scotia Inc. is an independent member of Baker Tilly Canada. With member firms from coast to coast, we are one of the country's largest associations of chartered accounting firms. As an all-Canadian network, we have a longstanding reputation for value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions. We embrace a model of client-focused, partner-led service and believe that quality of life for our high-performance team is important. We have strong community roots and believe in providing our clients with high quality personalized services.
As a 13 partner, locally-owned firm located in Dartmouth, our office is comprised of over 100 professionals who serve companies at all stages of their development from emerging and owner-managed businesses to large private companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals and individuals.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant, Small Business to join our growing team.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work in the small business group to assist in planning, execution and completion of a wide range of review and compilation engagements, both independently and as part of a team
- Inform managers of engagement status and manage engagement progress
- Analyze financial information, accounting processes and operations procedures; provide account reconciliations and propose adjusting entries
- Prepare corporate, non- profit organization information and charitable tax returns
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships
- Preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosures
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Successful completion of the Common Final Evaluation (CFE), at a minimum holding a status of CPA-in-waiting
- Experience leading junior staff on client deliverables
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, review procedures, tax compliance and basics of bookkeeping
- Project management and strong organization skills
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, TaxPrep, Sage Accounting and Quickbooks (QBO) is an asset