Reporting to the Director, Palliative Care Institute, the Communications Advisor is an integral member of the Institute, providing leadership in communications and digital communications to engage public and stakeholders as part of the Institute's communications and social marketing efforts. Using strategic thinking, creativity, consultation and teamwork, the Communications Advisor advances the strategic direction for projects and grants for the Institute in alignment with Covenant Health mission and values. The Advisor provides advice, project management, planning and implementation of traditional and digital communications strategies and tactics to support grant activities. The role involves effective use of digital platforms and other communications assets and tactics to effectively engage internal and external stakeholders. A primary audience is the public and the Advisor will develop and share public content from various inputs such as research papers, policy and government. The Communications Advisor aligns with best practices and needs using communication tools such as print, social media and digital communications.
- Classification: Advisor
- Union: COV OUT OF SCOPE
- Department: Advanced Care Planning GNCH
- Primary Location: Grey Nuns Community Hospital
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp F/T Benefits
- FTE: 1.00
- Posting End Date: 12-NOV-2020
- Date Available: 24-NOV-2020
- Temporary End Date: 31-MAR-2023
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 2
- Shifts per cycle: 10
- Shift Pattern: Days
- Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
- Salary: Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
Post-secondary degree in journalism, arts, social sciences, public relations, communications or marketing required A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered.
Additional Required Qualifications :
- Three to five years' experience planning, implementing and evaluating communication, marketing and engagement plans, including use of digital and social media tools or tactics.
- Understanding and experience with web and social media content management.
- Experience with basic monitoring, assessment and measurement of social media and media activity.
- Experience with public engagement processes and strategy, and an understanding of the theory, best practices and application of public engagement and data analysis and reporting.
- Sound critical thinking skills.
- Facilitation skills and the ability to work successfully in a team based setting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent oral communications and superior writing skills.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity and proficiency in working with electronic communications vehicles.
- Experience in engaging with the public, community groups and organizations.
- Able to discuss and converse about palliative and end of life forums.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Diploma or continuing education in public relations, digital communications, community engagement or writing an asset.
- Digital and print publication management experience (including writing and editing) an asset.
- Social marketing experience an asset.
- Journalism writing experience an asset.
- Event management experience an asset.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Issues management and crisis communications an asset.