DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND BUSINESS SUPPORT
The Director, Finance & Business Support will be a highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, business presentation and analytical skills. The candidate will provide strategic leadership, functional guidance and valuable insights to Operations Leaders, Executive Committee and Department Heads for optimal business decisions; Interacting with hotel's Corporate and Regional Leadership teams; Owners; legal counsel; insurance company; tax consultants; taxing authorities; auditors; and banks to effectively control the assets of the business.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba
- at the historic corner of Portage and Main
- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet. Fairmont Winnipeg and The Accor Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, career development, travel discounts to global Accor properties and an opportunity to explore your hospitality passions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Develop and manage key relationships to provide financial support and understanding of short and long-term financial plans.
- Generate monthly and annual financial statements, budgets, and forecasts
- Review financial performance of departments, analysis of variances, forecasts and budgets.
- Recommend strategies to continually improve effectiveness of the business or financial management.
- Contribute to all business decisions of the hotel regarding revenue generation, hotel expenditure and investment.
- Assist other department heads in the development and implementation of ?corrective action plans? on internal and or external audit and operational reports.
- Assist in the development of the business acumen of all levels of the hotel Leadership team to ensure they understand the impact of every component on the business as a whole and embrace the fiscal reporting processes and information available in order to drive the performance of their areas of responsibility.
- Attend and contribute to Weekly Revenue Meeting discussions with a focus on identifying opportunities and risks in Rooms, Conference & Banqueting and other revenues, to drive revenue growth.
- Promote, drive and maximize GOP Theoretical Flow Through concept across the departments.
- Support the General Manager in developing a strong business relationship with hotel owner by participating and contributing in meetings and discussions.
- Conduct probation and annual performance appraisals in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline departmental colleagues, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- CPA preferred.
- 10+ years progressive work related experience in multiple areas of accounting and/or capital projects management and reporting, financial and/or business analysis, accounting, merger/acquisition analysis, or a related area, with 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the work place, including anticipating, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business, analyze data and forecast future business trends, and to develop effective financial plans based on businesses assessments.
- Experience with accounting systems or similar financial software for the purpose of financial reporting, analysis and presentation.
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and accounting processes and regulations, along with demonstrated knowledge of capital projects, management standards and techniques and GAAP regulations and procedures.
Physical Aspects of the position (include but not limited to):
- Extended hours and weekend work sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects.
To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS