Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary Min: $35.36 Hourly
Temp Duration: 18-months
We're looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can't do without, yet we're growing as fast as ever.
You may think we're your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we're also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You'll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let's rethink energy together. Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the development, production and distribution of corporate and marketing communications:
- receives, and reviews requests from internal clients
- develops communications plans
- suggests appropriate communications, media and advertising strategies
Acts as project leader for communication projects:
- develops and manages production schedules to ensure optimal use of internal resources, and the timely delivery of projects
- briefs creative group of project goals
- participates in creative development as appropriate.
- reviews drafts of copy and proofs from creative, and routes for review
- In liaison with media placement agency, advertising agency, or creative/design studios, implements media plans, sets schedules, and recommends budget allocations.
- Liaises with newspapers, radio stations and other publications to book advertisements.
- Sources, interviews and negotiates with suppliers, analyzes quotations to provide cost estimates to internal clients, assesses their work and makes decisions on supplier selection for projects.
- Generates purchase requisitions to ensure proper job specifications are provided to outside suppliers, and reconciles invoices against quotations.
- Manages production docket system including library of all production materials.
- Proof-reads materials, and inspects pre-press artwork to ensure quality.
- Attends press checks as required.
- Ensures that all finished advertising materials are sent to clients, suppliers, publications, or other destinations.
Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job
- Completion of a recognized diploma in Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent, including courses in Print Production or Graphic Design.
- Two (2) to three (3) years directly related relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures involved in print production, including pre-press and printing technology.
- Thorough understanding of the use of communications media (collateral, web, advertising
- print, radio, TV, online) to achieve client's objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and evaluate the quality of supplier's work and evaluate estimates for accuracy.
- Strong communications planning and project management skills with demonstrated sound budgeting and time management skills, including the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proof-reading skills.
- Sound knowledge of PC and Mac computer environments, systems, and peripherals. Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat Outlook, and project management software. Familiarity with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Should be web savvy.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we'll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You're Applying. What now? page for additional