Fitness World is looking for a skilled Social Media Specialist to lead and execute Fitness World's social media strategy. Responsible for planning and creating original and engaging content across our social channels, the Social Media Manager will be pivotal in creating Fitness World's digital brand personality, and building an online community with the goal of growing our online following, increasing member engagement and driving new membership signups.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this position is an amazing opportunity for a high performing individual to be part of the full rebrand of BC's largest fitness provider, and develop a new, exciting and engaging online brand persona and presence.
- Manage strategy and execution of all social content, including but not limited to strategic planning, content creation, scheduling, publishing, and measurement
- Work closely with in-house graphic designer to consistently create stellar imagery and assets for social
- Capture in-club content and support in-club teams with content creation to showcase the Fitness World experience
- Manage online reputation and increase engagement with members online through comments, DM, outreach, etc.
- Opportunity to build and manage relationships with influencers and partners
- Create and maintain weekly and monthly reporting
- Keep up with the latest trends in social media and come up with new and exciting ways to incorporate them into our channels
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
3 years relevant work experience in social media management
- Post-Secondary education in a discipline relevant to marketing or communications
- Expert understanding of social media management across common platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc)
- Experience with graphic design and motion graphics an asset
- Exceptional written communication skills and familiarity with SEO best practices
- Organization skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Drive to succeed and willingness to creatively problem solve
- Experience with and passion for healthy living and fitness an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and willingness to travel locally to club locations
Competitive compensation and benefits
Complimentary gym membership and discounted personal training