YOU'VE GOT THE SCIENCE OF innovation, STRATIGIC LEADERSHIP, AND thinking
OUT-OF-THE-BOX DOWN TO AN art.
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
We are looking for a proven marketing professional to join our leadership team and successfully drive the marketing of our products and services in the marketplace. You will build a cohesive and integrated plan for a comprehensive marketing strategy that creates and leverages opportunities to generate new and reoccurring business, while distributing AMA's value proposition across all channels, and considering overall brand strategy. Our ideal candidate will be able to build positive recognition of AMA's brand and to develop and execute a marketing strategy, advertising and branding initiatives that support our organization's strategic business objectives aimed at member relevance and business growth, spanning the diversity of business units and services provided by AMA.
Ultimately, this leadership role will be responsible to ensure that all key marketing elements are functioning at a high level while facilitating growth for the Association and its various business lines. Working with the COO, you will play an integral role in developing and executing transformative marketing strategies.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You pride yourself on your strong leadership skills, enjoy motivating your team and helping them discover their inner greatness.
- You're a visionary and forward thinker who is passionate about delivering innovation, quality and value in people, the brand, products and services.
- You're creative, highly discerning and intuitive lifelong learner with an inquiring mind.
- You believe in the power of strong cultures to create market differentiation and sustainable competitive strength.
- You're the naturally well-aligned with the core Vision & Values and culture of our organization.
- You love to share thougts and ideas
- after all, two heads are always better than one.
- You're both a right-brain and a left-brain thinker and have a good balance between your innovative side and quantitative analytical abilities.
- You can strategize and execute integrated digital and traditional campaigns across a range of platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Set strategic direction and make decisions that have short and long term impact on the achievement of brand objectives and financial goals.
- Develop and implement leading edge omnichannel digital, social media and lead generation strategies that are integrated across multiple channels and business units.
- As a leader and a role model, embrace and promote the TYLF (Treat You Like Family & Friends) mentality at every level of the organization.
- Develop and implement programs and tools that accelerate the integration of traditional and digital marketing strategies.
- Oversee and approve the development and execution of digital & traditional marketing campaigns in support of the marketing strategy.
- Conduct regular analysis to identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve performace on key KPIs.
- Increase overall effectiveness, efficiency and profitability through operational improvements and smart resourcing.
- Lead the integration of association and business line strategies.
- Develop association and business line measurements for the impact of marketing on growth and retention of revenues and membership numbers in collaboration with Sales and Business Development for the Association and the Insurance BU.
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant suppliers, consultants, CAA and AAA colleagues, marketing and industry associations and regulatory bodies.
- Monitor workloads, forecast capacities, and determine the team's current and future skill requirements to support growth and develop strategies that close any critical gaps through training, development and staffing initiatives.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a degree/college diploma in business administration, marketing, communications or public relations. If your degree is in something else, tell us why it makes you a great marketing professional.
- You have at least ten years of relevant applied and progressive marketing experience in a senior leadership role capacity.
- You've a proven track record in planning, implementing and measuring the impact of marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrable competency in developing effective relationships with leaders at all levels of an organization.
- Your extensive knowledge of marketing department financial management (budgeting, forecasting, procurement, capex and opex), and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment makes you stand out from the rest.
- You've a track record of effectively developing and implementing meaningful and multi value-based marketing programs.
- You are excellent in coaching teams with a well-developed, skilled and collaborative approach.
- You're a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- You have experience working effectively with a Board of Directors.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.