The Students' Association of Mount Royal University (SAMRU) is a medium-sized, student-focused, non-profit organization with a mission to represent and serve students. SAMRU is currently seeking a self-motivated, outcome and detail oriented problem solver with a positive attitude and a passion for understanding audiences to join our communications and marketing team.
COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator gathers, writes, reviews, edits, updates and evaluates content for evolving range of delivery platforms including social media, blogs, website, publications and print materials. The Coordinator contributes to the success of SAMRU by working closely with internal clients to promote their events and activities; contributes to the success of the communications and marketing team by planning, organizing priorities, timely implementation and incisive evaluation; and contributes to the success of our student members by engaging them with their students' association through accurate and compelling content.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
- A Bachelor's degree (communications, marketing, journalism preferred)
- 2+ years' experience in marketing with focus on social media
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, including best practices, limitations, features and nuances, and analytics for major platforms
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent English writing and editing skills
- Proficient at storytelling through compelling content and graphics
- Experience in collecting, analyzing and evaluating data for social media and the website
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with graphic design, photography, and video editing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Ability to champion projects and to follow process
- Creativity and the ability to successfully collaborate
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Sprout Social is preferred
- Wit and a sense of humour is an asset
The successful candidate will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends. Temporary circumstances require the ability to work from home. There will be occasional in-person work requirements during this period. A return to regular working hours at the worksite is anticipated in the future. SAMRU is committed to the health and safety of its personnel.
The salary for this positon $43,500 per year.
Candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter no later than 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday December 1, 2020 to Lisa Antichow.
No telephone inquiries please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at: www.samru.ca